Payscale myths

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnny taliban

Okay, so Ive always heard that Gulfstream pilots were the highest paid pilots in the corporate/part 91 world and always read about payscales in the six figures. I have recently learned that at least two operators,one private the other charter, pay their Gulfstream III Capts (co-captain in the case of the private owner) between 70 and 80 grand!!! Not sure who is more pathetic, the owner/management for offering these payscales or the pilots for excepting them.

tell me its not so,

johnny

Last edited:
I know a DA-900 pilot that makes over $200K per year, I know a guy who flys a Lear jet that makes $100K. There are probably plenty of Gulfstream pilots that make less than them. Sometimes the best paying jobs are in smaller aircraft flying for wealty individuals.

I know a guy flying an Excel in the NW making way over 100K.

Another myth I'm tired of hearing is that it's cheap to live in the South and that is why we are not paying industry standards. While CLT and ATL, is not the east coast, it is not cheap to live in this area. Maybe 20+ yrs ago it was cheap here.....

Not east coast, in that we're not paying Boston or N York city prices for real estate.....not yet.

I know a guy flying an Excel in the NW making way over 100K.

Another myth I'm tired of hearing is that it's cheap to live in the South and that is why we are not paying industry standards. While CLT and ATL, is not the east coast, it is not cheap to live in this area. Maybe 20+ yrs ago it was cheap here.....
The cost of living (real estate) in CLT and ATL will never come close to 1/2 of what it is in Boston and NYC. While no excuse for not demanding "industry standard" whatever that is anymore, 200k in NYC and Boston will never go as far as 100k in ATL and CLT.

The cost of living (real estate) in CLT and ATL will never come close to 1/2 of what it is in Boston and NYC. While no excuse for not demanding "industry standard" whatever that is anymore, 200k in NYC and Boston will never go as far as 100k in ATL and CLT.

That's a ridiculous statement!

Hyperbole.

In the G-550's you can make very good money. I have been doing contract work at 1500/day. But they are guys and gals who will do it much less and you get what you pay for.

tv

That's a ridiculous statement!

Hyperbole.
Doesn't seem so to me. I live in a house outside Boston that cost the buyer 625k. Square footage is 1900 feet. Nice house of course but that should give you an idea what it costs to have a nice place to live in the Boston area.

Mr. I.

I'm willing to give Snowback the benefit of the doubt and consider his response to be tongue-in-cheek.

If I'm wrong, he should undergo a psych eval... ;) TC

Latest resources

Back