• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay to play this time UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who's fault is it? ALPA and the mainline MECs created the problem, then ignored it for years....The chickens have come home to roost and you will see more deals like this going forward..

Bingo! And the majors are still allowing it. 100 seaters next.

The 80's

This is what happens when you let other people fly your passengers.

Gup
isn't that because in the 80's real airline pilots told their companies they would not fly those little prop airplanes. I mean after they will never amount to anything flying 200 NM legs to hubs. They could never compete with maniline. Maybe should have put those planes onm the certifcate?

isn't that because in the 80's real airline pilots told their companies they would not fly those little prop airplanes. I mean after they will never amount to anything flying 200 NM legs to hubs. They could never compete with maniline. Maybe should have put those planes onm the certifcate?
They also did not want their military buddys to get out of the service and have to fly a little barbie jet. Hey MAINLINE GUYS figure out how to quit giving your flying and my future job away. Sacrifice now with what ever it takes, are you willing to do that to keep the flying. It just keeps getting worse year after year. Get these planes on your property for lower wages now, stop the bleeding then later raise the bar back up. Mainline alpa is in charge of the future not the regionals, so don't bitch about the furloughs and the scraps we get from the leftovers you throw out.

said it before.. and I'll say it again. it ALWAYS comes down to leverage and regional pilots have none, zero, nada. 100% of the responsibility lies with mainline pilots and what they negotiate for and what they negotiate away. There is NOTHING a regional pilot can do because we have NO leverage and thus NO POWER. If the mainline pilots dont like it, they can negotiate what they do like

The problem mainline guys now face is that the regional companies ( not pilots) and taking advantage of great cash postions and using them to wield power and control.

They also did not want their military buddys to get out of the service and have to fly a little barbie jet. Hey MAINLINE GUYS figure out how to quit giving your flying and my future job away. Sacrifice now with what ever it takes, are you willing to do that to keep the flying. It just keeps getting worse year after year. Get these planes on your property for lower wages now, stop the bleeding then later raise the bar back up. Mainline alpa is in charge of the future not the regionals, so don't bitch about the furloughs and the scraps we get from the leftovers you throw out.

90 sears are on the way......MAINLINE ONLY

Soon, all those 50 seaters will be too expensive. We may finally see the beginnings of mainline growth. ARE YOU LISTENING MORSE?

Exactly

Great Scott, you should be so proud... tell all you friends and family you are a UAL pilot, well truth is you are pretty much if they stay domestic.

Don't you all see that this is just draining the mainline, but now the stakeholders will be the regional carriers because they have the cash. This is RAH and Frontier, albeit on a much smaller scale, but it is the first step. Maybe someday soon it will be RAH vs. Skywest vs. SWA in the Denver market and UAL will carry the international pax from SFO, IAD, and ORD.

Against my better judgement, I'll reply....

My brother is a pilot for UAL who may be facing another furlough. I wish UAL-ALPA would have kept anything with a jet engine in house. They, of course, did not and put all of us the path the we are all now on.

I was simply stating my impression that this deal would put Skywest Inc at the front of the line for whatever additional flying from whatever sourse may come up. I can pretty much assure you, knowing our managment, that they are getting something more than just their 11%. Whether that will be good or bad for me, my family, or this profession I don't know.

Cheers,
Scott

Senior ALPA pilots created this mess when they were too proud to take a pay reduction in order to bring the new "little jets" in-house. The ultimate results are now plain to see. Of course most of those rocket scientists who were actively involved with this are now long gone and have left the rest of us to deal with the catastrophe.

Further proof that we continue to do it to ourselves and without lube too!

Latest resources

Back