Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acpilot

I am...PROFESSOR FATE!
If you had to guess at what the current average pay progression is among employed post CFI, non-military pilots, what would you estimate the first 7 years to be? I'm talking about all professional pilots, not just regional, corp, ag, fire, contract, charter, or cargo seperately. Lumping everyone together, what do you guys think the industry-wide average pay is for an airplane pilot years 1-7?

Last edited:
Way to many variables for me to compute that one for you. Why would that info be advantageous anyways? You have to compare apples and apples not apples and oranges. Year 1 salary may be somewhat easy to compute, but with all the different segments of the industry in this equation over such a large time span (at least in aviation!), it going to be very hard to come up with an answer. Good Luck.

If you had to guess at what the current average pay progression is among employed post CFI, non-military pilots, what would you estimate the first 7 years to be? I'm talking about all professional pilots, not just regional, corp, ag, fire, contract, charter, or cargo seperately. Lumping everyone together, what do you guys think the industry-wide average pay is for an airplane pilot years 1-7?

Dumb question. Do you think anyone here could answer that question? Why don't you ask Nostradamus or go up the block to your local fortune teller and ask her.

Pick an airline and then a job and people MAY be able to tell you about the PAST 7 years, but any set of 7 years is vastly different at any airline, let alone any different type of flying.

Why don't you ask a question we can all get onboard with like...."Hey guys, do any of you know if Mesa really sucks?"

Unanimous answer: "Why yes...yes Mesa does suck."

acpilot, if you wanted a serious answer, you came to the wrong forum. Try APC.

Yeah. I knew that when I posted. I just though maybe somebody would give it some serious thought and be able to estimate what, in their opinion, the average 1-7 pay is.

I don't know why I'm being insulted for asking though.

"Hey guys, do any of you know if Mesa really sucks?" -Dubya

That is not like my question at all. Mesa's suck levels are high and everyone knows it. That's why I'm asking for GUESSES!

"Pick an airline and then a job and people MAY be able to tell you about the PAST 7 years, but any set of 7 years is vastly different at any airline, let alone any different type of flying." - OCP

I didn't ask for airline x's pay because (a) everyone can look that info up, (b) I'm not interested in what only pilots at airline x make and (c) because I have not seen figures for average industry-wide aircraft pilot pay.

I was hoping that you would like to contribute to generate some figures, but I guess not.

"Dumb question. Do you think anyone here could answer that question? Why don't you ask Nostradamus or go up the block to your local fortune teller and ask her." -Erlanger

You know, just becasue a thread is there doesn't mean you have to respond to it. Why so hostile? I don't believe in that fortune telling or Nostradamus stuff, anyway.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back