Pay for training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
polysciguy9 said:
Not knowing much about the history of PFT (aside from what I've read on flightinfo) I'm curious why there hasn't been a big push to confront members of congress about the potential dangers of having people pay for a required crew position. Perhaps a letter writing campaign to the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure would lead to changes in the FARs. Has this ever been attempted? Does anyone know?

well, until someone can prove that safety is being compromised, i.e. by way of accidents, deaths, etc. you'll have a tough time getting the attention of anyone outside the aviation industry.

Good point - but perhaps some preemptive action could be taken if enough people demanded it. Surely there's enough people on this site who hate PFT to start a significant letter writing campaign. All you need is one committee member to write the legislation. Call it the "KEEP PLANES FROM FALLING OUT OF THE SKY" bill ... I mean who's going to vote against that? Seems like the type of thing one of these unions should have done long ago.

TonyC said:
That was one of the more civilized exchanges on PFT I have read, and there was actually some good information to be shared. In fact, it's one of the threads that will be useful to one who uses the Search function in the future.

My thoughts exactly.

-Goose

Latest resources

Back