pay for piston twin pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sleepy16

What would be reasonable for a passenger flying, on call 24/7 almost the entire year, home most nights, light twin pilot in the central US???? Please help soon - before I have to name my price to the boss:eek:

sleepy16

If we are a passenger,then $00.00,if we are a crewmember such as SIC about $125.00/calendar day.For a PIC about $175-$200/calendar day.Piston twins operating pt.135 normally do not have SIC's unless there is no AFCS and the ops spec's call for an SIC.

Last edited:
...not sure what 24/7 on-call means. If this is just standard 135 charter life, i.e. hard days off are rare, but, you usually get a few days off a week, I'd think ball-park wage might be between $35-$40K, maybe as low as $30K. If 24/7 means a pager on all the time, and you never, ever, get to have a beer, then I'd expect way more than that.

50k is not unreasonable for 24/7 on-call stuff. A couple of years ago I was flying a cabin class piston twin for that much. Don't sell yourself short, that 24/7 stuff adds up.

-casper

I'm on almost 24/7. The only days I don't work are when it's overcast and on the weekend. Thats the survey business. Working that much flying piston twins, I pull about $46K.

Speaking of which, It's 640am on Sunday and clear in the northeast right now. It'll be a long day for me.

Last edited:

Sticky,

I like your motto. It seems a little dark however. Do you work out of Grand Rapids?

Skyline

Corp Piston Twin

sleepy16 said:
What would be reasonable for a passenger flying, on call 24/7 almost the entire year, home most nights, light twin pilot in the central US???? Please help soon - before I have to name my price to the boss:eek:

Let' see, if you are a corporate piston twin pilot then the pay typically is between $45-50K and you are flying up to date, well maintained attractive aircraft for someone who thinks you are an asset.

If you are a Part 135 piston pilot then the stardard bottomfeeder pay will be between $24-30K flying a POS of questionable maintenance for somone who thinks you are a liability.

Which coincidently is the pay and situation for a Lear Part 135 copilot.

Skyline said:
Sticky,

I like your motto. It seems a little dark however. Do you work out of Grand Rapids?

Skyline

Nope. I do know the company you're thinking about though. Heard good things about them. I'm with one of the largest aerial acquisition firms ;). Based in Philly unfortunately . Have you flown survey in the past?

I have....I need a job.

On the 135 piston twin. I was offered 24k on call 24/7 in a be-58 and also co-pilot in a king air. To me that meant flying two airplanes which meant no time at home and no money to pay bills. I turned it down and am looking for something a little better. I mean if i wanted to make 24k I'd go to the regionals.

Sticky,

No I never did that kind of work but I have a friend who works there. He tells similar stories. It sounds like a good job, no pax, no cargo, VFR only.

Skyline

Latest resources

Back