• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pay for a captain at a regional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
200 TT with ASA prior to Sept 11th?? Are you sure about that, I could have swarn that 6months-year prior to that I recieved a post card saying apply when I had 1200TT.......

Yes, quite sure. It is a fact. Of course, neither ASA nor Eagle were hiring just any low-timer. Those who were offered interviews came from various specialized "bridge" programs. The 200 hour pilots in question were graduates of FlightSafety's program, which I believe is no longer running.

That makes a little more sense......but, it sounded like they were being hired off the street with 200 tt......

JetPilotChris said:
I never said or meant for it to come across that Eagle or CoEx were hurt by the low time hiring. What I meant by that is .. you can tell the difference sometimes, paywise, based on the experience of the pilots being hired. A pilot being hired at an airline with minimums of 700TT is not going to be paid as well as a pilot hired by a airline with high minimums. I have seen that CoEx and Eagle both, as well as others hire people with times around there ... not all the time, but Ive seen it more than once. I was wondering if the pay reflected any of that, that is why I asked ATRCA what the pay was. I guess an example are airlines like Commutair, etc that have very low minimums ... I havent seen that they can pay 20-23/hr for their first year. There is nothing wrong with being a low time pilot and being hired by an airline. It is a great opportunity and didnt realize I said that.

I hope you see what I meant / was asking --
Chris

Chris please don't confuse pay and minimums with age and lenght of contracts. ACA, Air Willy, Comair all have brand new contracts. Like ATRCA said COEX's contract is old. The new one is being negotiated as we speak. As far as low time pilots being hired, a lot but not all of the lowtimers were either interns or their schools had an affiliation with COEX(ExpressJet).:rolleyes: COEX is a good place to work, have a really good pilot group here. I'm glad they were short sighted enough to hire me!:D

Oh yea pay. As a 3rd year 120 captain my W2 was for $57,000. However I was in the training dept. for that. I knew of offline guys on the 120 that made in the $80's. There was an examiner on it that made $120,000. Yes the Brasilia!:eek:

Latest resources

Back