• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PAX vs Freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You forgot to mention, that the PAX folks are going to out live the Freight Dogs by about 12 years, on average. Last time I checked, you can't take any money with you on your journey to the "other side" and I'm not talking the other side of the airport.

Also, some folks like Lite beer and some like the bold full flavor of regular beer.

I actually enjoyed talking with, ie flirting with the FA's. I was fortunate enough to work for pax airlines that were actually decent in the FA hiring department, and I've been single my whole life and a had a good time with it. Those guys that say the FA's are bitc hes and 'boxes don't bitch' are probably guys that don't have an ounce of personality, and never got laid by an FA. If you occasionally got to bang them, it made the layovers WAAYY more enjoyable than just going to dinner and a bar with some 40+ year old captain and talking about work bulls h it..

Hmm, never seemed to be a problem to pick up F/A's as a freight pilot. In fact, it often worked to my advantage, not being "same company" and all....

You forgot to mention, that the PAX folks are going to out live the Freight Dogs by about 12 years, on average.

I'd love to read that article. Pax guys often mention stuff like this, but I've never read it anywhere. Do you have a reference SWA/FO? I ask because insurance companies live and die (I crack myself up!) by micro-examining every aspect of our expected longevity, but never have I been asked if I worked for a passenger hauler or freight hauler. Hmmm ... I would think if the data existed that supported your contention then life insurers of all people would know about it. Just another one of life's things that make you go hmmm .... :confused:

BBB

I'd love to read that article. Pax guys often mention stuff like this, but I've never read it anywhere. Do you have a reference SWA/FO?

I made it up. :0

Sir, before you attempt to correct others, I urge you first to go through your original post with a basic English guide. I see spelling errors, grammar errors, and far too many "quotes" for emphasis. High school writing, at best.

For my edification could you please point out:

- My spelling errors in the original post.

- My grammar errors in the original post.

?

Although this really isn't meant to be an English Class (OR a writing contest) I am always ready to learn something.

Thanks,

YKW

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread again, I have been very interested in this debate. I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to step up my career with a big PAX company, but have the appeal of going to UPS/FDX. I have friends at both, but didn't even want to apply unless it was for sure what I wanted to do. Now I'm not saying that I could get on at either place, but didn't really want to bug my contacts too much until I had made up my mind.

For those of you at UPS/FDX, how long did it take you to get used to changing your body clock and flying the night shifts? How do your wives/kids/gf's adapt to you sleeping thru the day time, or do you constantly change your body clock from going to work/days off? If the pay were equal, would you stay freight? One final question...I'm fairly new to the industry and was still doin the cfi thing prior to 9-11, but how did UPS/FDX rank on people's list of places to go back then? I read a news article a few days ago and the author basically said he could never see freight drivers making more than pax drivers over the long run. I'm not trying to "chase the money" but the job stability and retirement benefits at the freight companies seems a little more stable.

I would appreciate input from both sides of the fences, and I already know I can't spell

I read a news article a few days ago and the author basically said he could never see freight drivers making more than pax drivers over the long run.

Wow, you read an article, then it MUST be true. Maybe you haven't seen the pay scales of FedEX vs any other airline for the last 5 years...

Only since you asked. Here are a few:

Everyone has their personal opinion / preference. his or her.

rythms misspelling.

Only to repeat the process so that you can get to some hotel at 9am and try to get some sleep with the maids banging around in the halls and all the doors slamming as people leave to check out. not a sentence.

forced them too. Should be "to." Also, try to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition.

YKW

Overall, though, it's better than most posts in here. It's a good thing passengers don't read these.

Latest resources

Back