• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pax suspected pilots drunk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The carrier could always bring a suit to court, but they would have to meet the standard of evidence in existing case law, or demonstrate the intent without reasonable doubt.

You can sue for anything....one of our gate agents sued a guy who broke his neck in EWR after he was turned upside down by the guy trying to get back down the jet-way....not-guity was the verdict.

This is how it would work for my flight crew.

We would cancel the flight (cancelled flight pay)
Get tested (paid for that)
Deadhead most likely to next location (unscheduled flight pay at time and a half)

Since I dont really drink....Im more than happy for a pax to double my pay for the 4 day....hell i might turn myself in! :D

Last edited:
Can you give me some details on the weapon in the picture? I'm unable to identify it from what I can see.

Thanks.

Screw these idiots, and screw taking a breath test everytime I sign in. They can kiss my a$$. Unless someone smells something on me or has some other reasonable problem, other than I am just a pilot (so I must be drunk) then I am not doing it. That is something I would fight forever. If I am correct, I am still innocent until proven guility, right? Not the other way around.

Unfortunately, Ted, the supreme court has already affirmed the legality of driver sobriety checkpoints, and this idea would only be a terrible, yet legal, extension of that action.

Hopefully, such an idea will not be implemented.

Freight Dog said:

I think that is Heckler & Koch MP5.

Correct your are ;)

No I certainly don't think ACA pilots did anything wrong. They did exactly what they should have done to insure there is no sign of impropriety. It is just an example how a few (AW pilots in MIA) acting irresponsibly can create a whole lot of s**t that the rest of us have to walk through. Was this deal with the AW pilots their first binge or break in the rules? Who else may have seen them first and stopped them? We all, especially the airlines, have to do it better every day.

Latest resources

Back