pax announcements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lumax

Can anybody recommend a chart/guide of the US that shows points of interest (lakes, mtns, etc) to aid in making pax announcements?

And while you're at it, make the announcements so that the paxs can hear it. Man, am I the only one who can't hear a word the pilots say?:eek:

Sectional
n. sex a nohl
1. A portion of land
2. A piece of furniture
3. An aviation chart used by low and slow flyers to determine that they are really lost.
4. An outdated aviation chart used by cargo and regional pilots to wrap presents therby ensuring other people (the givees) know how poor and cheap they really are.

OH, just make stuff up, have fun with it. Tell them that those big green circles from center pivot irrigation systems are crop circles, left as messages from aliens. Most of them aren't listening anyway.

Seriousy, Sporty's used to sell road maps of the US with the Jet routes printed on them, though I cna't seem to find them in the latest catalog...is that what you're looking for?

Me: (switching audio panel to P/A) Greetings from the Flight deck, for those of you on the left side of the plane......

Captain: Shut Up! The p/a was disconnected 30 years ago, and the boxes really don't care!

Flight engineer: (Rolls his eyes and unplugs his headset)

A Squared said:
OH, just make stuff up, have fun with it. Tell them that those big green circles from center pivot irrigation systems are crop circles, left as messages from aliens. Most of them aren't listening anyway.

Seriousy, Sporty's used to sell road maps of the US with the Jet routes printed on them, though I cna't seem to find them in the latest catalog...is that what you're looking for?

Me: (switching audio panel to P/A) Greetings from the Flight deck, for those of you on the left side of the plane......

Captain: Shut Up! The p/a was disconnected 30 years ago, and the boxes really don't care!

Flight engineer: (Rolls his eyes and unplugs his headset)

There is a dorky laminated flight bag foldup called "The Captain guide to Georaphic Points of Interest" or something like that. Saw it on the gadget rack at the company store in Widgetopia in ATL.
If the the FA ever calls and says a pax wants to know what that lake river is I just say Lake Howard or the Timber River. Sounds as good as anything else, and it's not like they know the difference no how...:confused:

Chicaga,

I must have a warped mind because it took me about 3 seconds to figure that one out. Good one.

When I flew charter, we always had pax creeping up to the front to ask what town that is down there. One of our captains always enjoyed telling them it was Whoville. Kind of silly, but if you knew the guy, you'd laugh too.

FL000 said:
Chicaga,

I must have a warped mind because it took me about 3 seconds to figure that one out.

Took me a full minute. Maybe I do need to go to bed....

In the C-130 when carrying pax we often have them come up on the flight deck and ask "where are we?" One of the navs in my squadron handles it pretty well. Every town is "Round Rock," every lake is "Clear Lake," and, when overwater, every island is "Isle de Hablas." Naturally, the pax doesn't want to show his ignorance of geography so he just nods his head knowingly, sometimes adding an "I thought so."

Latest resources

Back