• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Path to NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually the most important is your ability to interact with the owners and be able to handle changes without a problem.

2 crew environment is nice but a lot of guys have come here without it. It's a nice to have but you'll learn quick.

interesting...

from the other netjet thread posted today...

link

fly26 said:
More important to being competitive is that you are flying a turbine a/c as PIC. Doesn't necessarliy have to be one that we fly. Some people have been hired here without turbine time at all, but those days are probably behind us for now.

Let me expand on that. Guys and gals from with lots of 2 pilot crew time from commuters/regionals/ corporate, I believe transition to the job the best. And I believe will given the first priority for interviews. They are used to the pace at which we operate multiple legs into and out of busy airspace and also to smaller fields. Good customer service skills to add to that...and your a shoe in. Single pilot guys with lots of IFR experience end up doing a great job too. They tend to take longer to adjust to the 2 pilot environment. My opinion only. Best of luck!

One more ting about Cape Air, they are starting service with ATR 42's in GUAM. Yea, go figure but they are, so they will be needing FO's and some of that precious 2 crew time might be had.
I really think the competitive numbers will come back down as hiring increases (at NJA and elsewhere) and the fleet grows.

Remember, NJA is very top heavy in PIC's. People are going to have to accept that the days of upgrade out of indoc are gone. Be prepared to sit SIC for a couple of years, hopefully the new payscales will make that less painful than it's been for about 50 of our guys that have been stuck there for over a year.

x402 said:
TDK90,

If you can get on, Cape Air is a great place to bring your time up to NJA mins. Nice people, pretty good mx and all the weather you'll ever want.

Expect NJA to be doing a lot of hiring in the next few years, which should bring the competitive numbers back down. They have just started classes again and there are lots of a/c in the pipeline.

Good luck, and Diesel is right about the ex-Cape Air guys, let us know when you get ready to send in your app.

What's your opinion on a transition from Airnet, (135 freight). I hope to spend a year or two in the Lear and then make the jump. I hear they used to call NJA "Airnet North". I hope the sentiments toward my company are still the same.

question for NJA pilots

Are the mins on the web site competitive right now, or is the TT number up in the 3500-4000 range. Also does a pilot with the minimums in piston twins have a chance in the next year or so to get an interview.

I just posted

... my resume on NetJets website. I have just exceeded 2500 hours total time with 1400 hours multi of which 1010 is SIC in turbojet. Currently flying right seat in a Part 91 Hawker 400 fan (daddy likes!) and have current 8410 for Citation 550. Also Lear 20/30 SIC time. Lots of international experience. Bi-lingual in Spanish. What would you say my chences are on getting a call?

Your chances would improve dramatically in direct proportion to the number of letters of recommendation you get from current Netjet pilots. Otherwise, your time isn't too bad, but you lack quality PIC time to offset your low total time to stand out. May happen though, you never know. Keep floggin the skies!:)

gunfyter said:
My advice is to fly for a regional or freight company that you can get time in turbines and upgrade to PIC as soon as possible. This place is not a good place to get your first turbine experience...

...and that falls more in line with what ive been told by the guys flying there ;)

Dont listen to this BS

Get your app in now. I was hired in 98. 12 in my class. I had 2550 hours. Less than 500 hours later I was a released captain in the ten. Too soon? Maybe, but I have done a good job and not bent any metal so far.

I believe how you come off in the interview was, and still is, the most important factor. Dont let these premodonna's tell you you have to fly the SR71 to get a job here.

Latest resources

Back