Path to NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TDK90

Pretty much decided NJA is where I want to be. I'm flying Part 91 right now in a Cessna 340. Pay's ok, better than 135 freight, I heard that there's a few Cape Air guys at NJA, I'd like to fly for Cape Air if I'm going to do any 135 flying. Would Cape Air be a good place to be trying to get into NJA?

Any NJA pilots out there spare a moment to let me know how you got where you are?

"increasing responsibilty and experience" seem to be the buzzwords...well, that and "internal recommendation" ;)

that being said, i dont know that a 402 driver would be anywhere near competitive :(

that's not really true. 75 percent of the boston base is ex cape air. that or commutair.

TDK90,

If you can get on, Cape Air is a great place to bring your time up to NJA mins. Nice people, pretty good mx and all the weather you'll ever want.

Expect NJA to be doing a lot of hiring in the next few years, which should bring the competitive numbers back down. They have just started classes again and there are lots of a/c in the pipeline.

Good luck, and Diesel is right about the ex-Cape Air guys, let us know when you get ready to send in your app.

Diesel said:
that's not really true. 75 percent of the boston base is ex cape air. that or commutair.

yes...but is that direct from cape, or with a stop along the way in some sort of turbine ops ;)

Direct from Cape. Once you get one of them on board they bring everyone they know from care. :) (care is cape's callsign)

In my indoc class there were 3 or 4 of them alone. I think they multiplied every week.

Great bunch of guys who know their stuff.

it's not the type (piston/turbine) of time but the quality of the time (ifr high-density; pax interaction) and the quality of yourself. biggest thing i flew when eja hired me was a 310 w/400hrs in it.

bizjet737 said:
it's not the type (piston/turbine) of time but the quality of the time (ifr high-density; pax interaction) and the quality of yourself. biggest thing i flew when eja hired me was a 310 w/400hrs in it.

lol...c'mon man, the guy isnt asking what worked that many years ago. and if your in the BBJ, youve probably been there quite awhile (congrats by the way) :cool:

have you seen the mimimums (much less the competetive numbers) for NJA lately? 400 hours in a 310 wont even get one an interview, much less a class date...at least according their website :(

• Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
  • Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
  • 2500 hours total pilot time
  • 500 hours fixed wing multi-engine time
  • 250 hours instrument time

...and in reference to the CapeAir guys, thats cool as hell. but my previous "internal recommendation(s)" post would about cover that ;)

Thanks guys, I'm excited about working at Cape Air. I just need a few more hours for my ATP.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back