• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pat Tillman is not a hero....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with Chawbein. This is dumb. There is no reason why you shouldnt respect what Tillman did PERIOD.

Youve got Airspeed comparing himself to Columbus and and his rant on this thread to proving the world is round.

airspeed said:
Did Columbus agree with everyone when he took of to prove the world is round??

Just chill out and give this dead soldier as well as every other soldier whos died the respect they deserve.

DC

DCMartin said:
Just chill out and give this dead soldier as well as every other soldier whos died the respect they deserve.
I agree. The tough part is the "every other soldier" part. When Pat Tilman - - don't get me wrong, I think he did an honorable thing, and I am grateful for his service and sacrifice - - when he gets all this media attention, the others who served AS honorably are done a disservice. Although I know of no others that forsook multimillion dollar contracts to serve, I imagine there were some that would have. We owe ALL our soldiers honor and respect. IF Pat Tilman gets overdone, the others suffer.

TonyC said:
I agree. The tough part is the "every other soldier" part. When Pat Tilman - - don't get me wrong, I think he did an honorable thing, and I am grateful for his service and sacrifice - - when he gets all this media attention, the others who served AS honorably are done a disservice. Although I know of no others that forsook multimillion dollar contracts to serve, I imagine there were some that would have. We owe ALL our soldiers honor and respect. IF Pat Tilman gets overdone, the others suffer.

amen brother,
tony,
i don't always agree with what you say in other threads :D
but i'm with you 100% on this, singling him out as a hero degrades all the rest, who's entire lives are devoted to service to our country.

Dash8 said:
amen brother,
tony,
i don't always agree with what you say in other threads :D
but i'm with you 100% on this, singling him out as a hero degrades all the rest, who's entire lives are devoted to service to our country.
Don't get carried away! ;) I didn't say he's not a hero - - just that too much attention detracts from the others that serve just as heroically. I guess it's a matter of degree, and right now the degree is too much.

TonyC said:
Although I know of no others that forsook multimillion dollar contracts to serve, I imagine there were some that would have. We owe ALL our soldiers honor and respect. IF Pat Tilman gets overdone, the others suffer.

Good point tony. I agree with the fact that "others suffer" in regards to the dead soldiers recognition from the media. And I hope one day we will get to hear their names and stories. I think most Americans do honor and respect our troops regardless of what the media doesn't say about them though. My friend got sent home a month ago with a purple heart. And whenever he goes to a bar and someone finds out he just came home, he gets everyones thanks and appreciation as well as alot of free drinks.

I don't think that anyone suffers from the media making him a hero. The fact is that there are many soliders out there who are just as much of a hero as he is. This guy just happens to be famous, and it gives everyone a chance to identify someone who has made a great sacrafice. They can't do a story on every dead solider, but this gives us a chance to appreciate everyones efforts.

I was so impressed by your life story Timebuilder, that I have decided to help you in reaching your dream – meeting Jesus faster while serving in Iraq(k). Joining the service wouldn’t be such a good idea because you will get shot in the back by our own troops at the first fire exchange with enemy. I don’t know but you do fit the profile of someone to whom something like that could happen.
Join Halliburton. The pay is good. I hear is about 7000 USD cash – no taxes- per month for an aircraft fueler. You will get Iraq(k) for sure. A pilot is paid about 2000 USD a month (taxable) for contract work in that area. That way you will get some first hand experience and when you will return – but because your happiness is to be by Jesus right side and you will not disappoint Him by returning – we will be more than happy to listen to your real life experience knowledge.

Airspeed I hope you do realize that you are wasting your breath trying to insert some common sense through so many Square Heads?!

ATR-DRIVR said:
Pat Tilman was/is a hero because he fought for this country.
Just like all of the men and women wearing the uniform of this country. He did not question what it is all about.

He is a hero, along with ALL of them.
rene gonzalez is a total A$$. He is not worthy of cleaning the dog shiite off of Pat's boots.

How can someone who does not consider the cause for which he fights be a hero? How can someone who fights for a cause which is not vital to our national defense be called a hero? If blindly fighting for one's country is the only requirement for heroism, then it is inconsistent to regard Nazi soldiers as no less than "heroes".

No, I reserve the label "heroes" to describe the men who 1) fully understand the cause for which they fight and 2) fight for a cause worth dying for (that is, an uncomprimised war which is vital to the defense of the homeland). The men I call heroes are those who died freeing this country of Brittish tyranny. They're the men who fought in the War of 1812. The men who fought in WWII. The soldiers who died in conflicts like Vietnam, although many courageous, were pawns in an unjustified war. Even McNamara admitted in his book that we shouldn't have been there. These men died for a lame cause. Thus, I cannot call them heroes, despite their bravery and sacrifice.

One thing history has taught us is that soldiers and citizens who are affected by these wars and conflicts are often unaware of the hidden forces which are truly at work. We understandably find it easier to accept propaganda as fact without doing research. To those of you considering risking your life in a modern war, be very cautious, and do your homework. Things aren't as simple as they used to be. Use your HEAD, or you might lose it!

countbat said:
I was so impressed by your life story Timebuilder, that I have decided to help you in reaching your dream – meeting Jesus faster while serving in Iraq(k). Joining the service wouldn’t be such a good idea because you will get shot in the back by our own troops at the first fire exchange with enemy. I don’t know but you do fit the profile of someone to whom something like that could happen.
Join Halliburton. The pay is good. I hear is about 7000 USD cash – no taxes- per month for an aircraft fueler. You will get Iraq(k) for sure. A pilot is paid about 2000 USD a month (taxable) for contract work in that area. That way you will get some first hand experience and when you will return – but because your happiness is to be by Jesus right side and you will not disappoint Him by returning – we will be more than happy to listen to your real life experience knowledge.

I think I can say with some certainty that you display the attitude of a "brat." No respect for your elders, and darned little for your country. You have my pity. That's all you deserve.

I think there are some job openings for prison guard. The pay is great and as an added benefit, you get to have your picture taken with a bunch of naked dudes!

Latest resources

Back