Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Passport renewal/ surrender old but go every week to canada?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Made appt online with passport bureau. Got letter from chief pilot's office.

Flew home. Went to passport office, dropped off paperwork, paid fees. Left.

Returned next morning, picked up new passport. Enjoyed the remainder of my 3 days off.

Total time in passport office both times added up: 15 minutes.

Good luck.

I paid the extra fees from the post office putting a small letter saying I was a pilot. They got my new one to me in 2 days.
It was awesome how fast they were!!!

Just did mine in one day in Chicago...you don't have to surrender yours...went there at 9 done by 11. PM me if you need details.

My Experience

If you wish to do same day passport service at a passport office, the following allowed me to be in and out in a timely manner.

1.http://travel.state.gov/
2. Complete the DS-82.
3. Get the required letter from chief pilots office.
4. Get the required photographs.
5. Fourteen Days in advance you are able to use a phone tree to schedule and confirm you appointment. (Very Important Write down and DO NOT Loose your appointment ID number).
6. Old Passport
7. Payment Method ($127.00).

I Showed up a few minutes early 9:00 AM, Presented The ID number Ds-82, Letter and Photos to a widow in the lobby. After she verified that I had the required items, she sent me to an upper floor and another number that they would call when they were ready to process my application. As soon as I got off the elevator they were calling my number.

I went to the window she collected my items and my money, gave me another slip of paper with another ID number on it and said my new passport would be ready at noon. The above took a total of 12 minutes.

Returned at 11:50 collected my new passport and back out the door at 12:05. Note you now have a new passport number getting your company a copy of it in a timely manner is important.

If you have your stuff in order and make an appointment very painless. If you do not make an appointment, or forget something the day will be a wash.

Never surrender your old passport unless you are renewing it.

:beer:

Latest resources

Back