Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

91100 100 set

to the book
A few weeks ago while we were boarding, the flight attendant came up and handed us a small logbook, much like those little logbooks that come with the Jeppesen Private Pilot starter kit, except it was a "passenger logbook". We asked her what is was and she said, "I don't know, some passenger gave it to me and asked me to give to you guys". So we start flipping through it and it turns out this guy keeps a log of all his airline travels and wanted us to fill it out. Quite a road warrior, apparently, as he had entries about every two weeks, dating from back in late 90's. Alot of Air Canada, but a little bit of everybody, with some crews adding comments about the flight like cruise altitude, distance, weather remarks, things like that.

I had never seen anything like that and thought it was kinda interesting, if a little weird. So we browsed through it, looking to see if we recognized any crew names (we didn't, but you never know) and filled it out for our flight.

Anybody ever see anything like this?

Pax logs

These are very popular in Europe and Australia. Seen many of them over the years and always enjoyed browsing the journey log of the individual pax. Many parents seemed to enjoy starting off their children with one of these logs. Kind'a neat when someone thinks air travel is a little special as opposed to the WalMart approach to life. Was amazing to see how many of these small children had flown the Concorde a half dozen times or more!

alot of the "spotters", the guys that take pics and post on airliners.net use them when they travel and take pics, its a pretty big hobby in europe.

I had a kid ask me to sign an airplane book he had. It had dozens of signatures from other flight crews listing the date, flight number, city pairs, airline and names of the crew numbers. The kid was about 8-10 years old and had done quite a bit of traveling.

My passenger a few days ago asked us to confirm the spelling of our names as he scribbled in his little notebook. All I could think of was that he was a Fed taking notes. I guess the passenger logbook makes more sense :)

i've had the opportunity to fill out a couple of these logbooks. i was also impressed at the extensive travel some of these kids have already done. on one occasion i noted the lucky rug rat got a couple concorde trips in there too.

English said:
My passenger a few days ago asked us to confirm the spelling of our names as he scribbled in his little notebook. All I could think of was that he was a Fed taking notes. I guess the passenger logbook makes more sense :)

perhaps you should wear a lime helmet. i hear the lime rind helps stifle paranoia... ;)

I saw this for the first time recently flying MCO-FLL-EYW. I was puzzled at first, but looking through the lady and her childrens' logbooks revealed a fascinating record. I was more than happy to oblige.

Had a guy on a sightseeing flight in Alaska who insisted on riding shotgun in the Navajo. With empty seats in back, I tried not to put people up there, but whatever. Got done with the flight, and was signing Arctic Circle certificates for the passengers, dude whips out a logbook and asked me to sign it. He was apparently going to log two hours of Part 135 SIC time in the Navajo.
Yeah. My sweet, sweet ass I'm gonna sign that.

Latest resources

Back