• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Passenger Lands King Air after Pilot Dies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice of Yahoo! to put a photo of a Sovereign on the cover page for the story.

Kudos to all involved and blessings upon the departed.

My owners INSIST that we stay a single-pilot operation. Hmmm, maybe I could get a copilot if I forward this story to them...

I call it cheap insurance. What if there had not been anyone else on the plane with aviation experience? Bet they would be wishing they forked out the extra cash for a copilot then!

My owners INSIST that we stay a single-pilot operation. Hmmm, maybe I could get a copilot if I forward this story to them...
I call it cheap insurance. What if there had not been anyone else on the plane with aviation experience? Bet they would be wishing they forked out the extra cash for a copilot then!
Agreed. If a second pilot is going to make or break a flight department, the owner probably shouldn't be in the aircraft in the first place.

I got my first break flying a turbine aircraft in a turbo commander. I made about what I would have had I stayed instructing. The CP said that what they saved on single pilot insurance paid for what little I got paid. I was just happy not instructing anymore after doing 800 hrs of primary instructing the previous year. I am a big fan of having someone in the other seat regardless if the plane can be flown single pilot. Two sets of eyes and ears are ALWAYS better than one set.

he did seem kinda like that, he did seem to be crying after he got on the ground, though.

Latest resources

Back