Part Time Work

McNugent

Whatever...
Total Time
So, I'm off 4 days a week and I'm starting to think I should put my time to some better use. I've found plenty to keep me busy with my off time, but I can't help but think I could be a lot more productive and actually make more $$$ on my time off.

Any of you guys have part time jobs or ideas that are aviation related? I'd like to do something that could possibly better my career and maybe learn a new skill without having to go back to school. I'd rather not instruct or fly since my company doesn't really allow it.

Thanks

greyskyracer

Total Time
Are you telling me that you don't make millions posting flame bait on FI?

McNugent

Whatever...
Total Time
Yah, dont confuse us, but I do tend to be a smart ass at times I suppose.

makersmarc

St. Thomas Free Univ.
Total Time
Be careful looking for part-time work. I know several guys that ended up finding situations where they actually made more on their part time job than they did flying. They eventually were too busy making money to have any time to whine and bitc#.

Club ORD FO

Total Time
Ha, I worked part time at Toys R Us back when I was at the regionals. Best job I ever had

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
Why; did you enjoy being around a lot of little boys and girls? ;)
PWND

Seriously if you live in California or anywhere that pays for recycling just go around and find CRV bottles and cans and turn them in...MONEY BABY!

McNugent

Whatever...
Total Time
I'm talking ATL here man. This aint no stinking California!

I considered making my debut on the rap scene, but my freestyle skills just aren't there yet.:0

Last edited:

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time

I considered making my debut on the rap scene, but my freestyle skills just aren't there yet.:0
Aight brah I see how it is!

777forever

Total Time

Do you have any telemarketing experience? You can work the telephones for Red Cross up in Kennesaw. 10.00/hr. They have day and night shift avail. They hire through Axiom Staffing Group. Just forward your resume to kennesaw@axiomstaffing.com

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+
So, I'm off 4 days a week and I'm starting to think I should put my time to some better use. I've found plenty to keep me busy with my off time, but I can't help but think I could be a lot more productive and actually make more $$$ on my time off.

Any of you guys have part time jobs or ideas that are aviation related? I'd like to do something that could possibly better my career and maybe learn a new skill without having to go back to school. I'd rather not instruct or fly since my company doesn't really allow it.

Thanks

You could volunteer for some union work if you weren't such a divisive scumbag.

jea

Total Time
16 yrs
DPE. The best job ive ever had! and the time is not logged so it will not count against your annual monthly or weekly times at an airline. Plus it makes guys like PBR really mad cause they try to get you in trouble with the Feds when you kinda are one ha ha hah ah a

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
DPE. The best job ive ever had! and the time is not logged so it will not count against your annual monthly or weekly times at an airline. Plus it makes guys like PBR really mad cause they try to get you in trouble with the Feds when you kinda are one ha ha hah ah a
Man, one day I wouldn't mind doing that kind of stuff. The money they make (do they even report it?) is usually hundreds in cash for a few hours while making a pilot sweat profusely. :0

From what I recall, these DPE's were always booked up far in advance too. Great paying job, but I think it's a hard one to land. Heavily about who you know, is my understanding.

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
Call CAE, they're usually looking for part-time help. I shot my stuff in and they contacted me last week. Money is good there, but you'll have to commute to Canada most likely for the work.

USC328

Total Time
6K+
You can utitlize your free company parking pass, and collect Smart Carts at the airport. If you had to pay for parking, it wouldn't pay off. However, at $0.25 a cart, it could pay close to $10/hr or more tax free money. I used to work the graveyard shift for an airline in DEN many years ago. We had some down time around midnight, so three of us went out and collected carts. It was an extra $10 per person. Just a tip...When you redeem the carts, ALWAYS check the change dispenser after each cart is redeemed. Once the machine is out of quarters, you are returning carts for free.