Part 91 aircraft requirements for Mexico

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjet

Does anybody know what the requirements for an aircraft flying in Mexico are? I understand you need the usual, ARROW items plus US & Mexican insurance, but does anyone know of any gotcha items ? thanx in advance..

It is not a gotcha item, but technically both pilots need to be typed. You can avioid this by being prepared to pay off the airport officals if asked. (according to Universal)

The other gotcha is eating salad. Do not do it. Drink all the water you want if you are at a tourist destination, but not the salad. The water and organic fertilizer ($hit) used in the field might not be washed off.

Mexico isn't a big deal... But if you can do it... Just get a handler... Universal, Air Routing, etc.... Just makes things easier...

I'd recommend using a handler in Mexico for at least the first couple of times. It's cheap insurance. There are a few no-nos. As G100Driver said, bring some nice crisp bills with you. They go a long way towards resolving any issues that may arise.

'Sled

perhaps dumb question

I understood the SIC type requirement was not going to be enforced until March. Is the two typed pilots in Mexico new?

Otter said:
I understood the SIC type requirement was not going to be enforced until March. Is the two typed pilots in Mexico new?

It has been a law for years, just selectively enforced. Insist that both pilots be typed.

I guess i was too vague... I understand the pilot requirements and can do my own handling in mexico for a 135 flight, but I was interested in the aircraft requirements, such as original registration and certs, mexican insurance.... part 91 rvsm manual, etc . anything else ,for a part 91 trip. I think I'm over analyzing.

Mexico

You need a permit. This is a new requirement, started in 2004, I think. You can get a one-time or an annual permit for "Private" (read FAR 91) operations. At many destinations the DGAC representative (MEX FAA - read Airport Comanancia) can "collect" the fee for the permit. You might want to check with Universal or Air Routing prior to going.

TransMach

Can one of the pilots have an SIC type rating? They are issuing those now, are they not?

G100driver said:
It has been a law for years, just selectively enforced. Insist that both pilots be typed.

Latest resources

Back