• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Part 141 quest

dkelly

Total Time
I am aware that for a Part 141 school, the school must have 50 students in order for a check instructor to be issued. My question is....Has anybody ever heard of a waiver being issued being that our school doesn't have 50 students??

minitour

Are you talking about self examining authority or just a check instructor for end of stage checks?

I was checking the examining authority section the other day and all I noticed was 24 months, 10 students and 90%. Maybe this is a different section?

-mini

dkelly

Total Time
Yes, I am referring to the end-of-stage check requirements, should have stated more clearly....

heph224

Total Time
Some
dkelly said:
Yes, I am referring to the end-of-stage check requirements, should have stated more clearly....
Im not sure about how many students, but I know the POI can defer from the rules. The school is required to have a 80 percent pass rate, but I know of a school that had a 75% or so and he let it slip as long as u work with ur local FSDO and do what they request.