• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Part 135 to major....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
black hole, hard imc, mountains, broken english, marginal radar at best, no weather radar, no fms, raw data(as if there is any other way) dme arc, circle to land non precison into mmio late last night or should i say early this morning. all this in an clapped out old falcon20 with more time on her than jenna jameson. all this after 17 hours of duty then a repo to laredo, at least there is an ils, but wait its overcast at 300 and vis is 1/2 and decreasing. glad its not my leg this time. come see me at palenque, i'll buy you a corona at 4am cause you only make $18,000 a year!

dojet just give up, your not going to convince any freight dog an airline pilot is better at going fast and pulling back, maybe you should call dispatch and see if they know what to do when a freight dog insults you. just except that you lost!:)

By deflecting your answers to legitimate questions, you don't have much to contribute either. I asked when the last time you hand flew anything raw data in Mexico? You compared yourself to us freight dawgs by saying you fly into Mexico on a regular basis. Thats all nice and good, but until you actually sit in one of our planes and do what we do, your not going to get much respect from us freight dawgs.

I never asked for your respect. And if you knew how poor some of the automation in the ERJ is, you would realize what a silly statement you make.

I'm just curious... how poor is the automation in the ERJ? I'm a metro driver, single pilot, and the automation I have is literally nothing. I navigate off from two VOR needles and blind headings from ATC. I'd kill to have something as nice as digital radios... at least then I could set up the next frequency ahead of time. Nothing digital at all in the planes I fly. I'd love to have an autopilot... or at least fly an airplane that trims out decent. Not the case with the metro. I have no automation. I hand fly every approach in all types of weather and have done my share down to mins. Does that sound like the hands on flying you do in the ERJ?

I'm just curious... how poor is the automation in the ERJ? I'm a metro driver, single pilot, and the automation I have is literally nothing. I navigate off from two VOR needles and blind headings from ATC. I'd kill to have something as nice as digital radios... at least then I could set up the next frequency ahead of time. Nothing digital at all in the planes I fly. I'd love to have an autopilot... or at least fly an airplane that trims out decent. Not the case with the metro. I have no automation. I hand fly every approach in all types of weather and have done my share down to mins. Does that sound like the hands on flying you do in the ERJ?

You could always get another job flying something else if it's that bad, right? Somebody got a gun to your head, making you go fly that thing every night?

After all, you are a a freight dog, so that makes you a self proclaimed skygod.

CAL/UPS/FedEx/SW are begging for guys like you. I hear FedEex and UPS are putting your type straight into the MD-11.

Um, could the fact that airlines hire more 121 pilots be due to the fact that a very large majority of pilots at 121 carriers are trying to move up in or stay in 121? Many pilots who go to 135 do so to avoid the regionals and are actually looking to move onto corporate or fractional. In order to make a fair comparison, you would need to compare the number of people who actually got onto a good 121 operator versus those who tried from both 121 and 135 backgrounds. From what I have seen, I doubt those ratios would be a whole lot different. I'll bet the majority of new hires come from 121, and I'll bet the majority of applications sitting in HR at any major 121 company will be from 121 pilots.

Agree

You could always get another job flying something else if it's that bad, right? Somebody got a gun to your head, making you go fly that thing every night?

After all, you are a a freight dog, so that makes you a self proclaimed skygod.

CAL/UPS/FedEx/SW are begging for guys like you. I hear FedEex and UPS are putting your type straight into the MD-11.

You are right, there are other jobs out there. Maybe they are working on getting one right now. I don't think any of these guys are claiming to be skygods, but just making a point that their airplanes are pretty old school and they don't get any help. They just don't want to hear about the poor automation in your RJ.

I've been that freightdawg and I've been that RJ driver. If I were you, I wouldn't look for any sympathy from these freight guys. I think you should just bow out of this argument. You have great equipment, they don't. Compared to a G-V, your jet is nothing to write home about. Compared to theirs, it's a great machine. All relative.

And don't even get started about flying into Saltillo at 3 AM after 13 hours of duty shooting an approach down to mins. And then deadhead that airplane back to Laredo and Pontiac (if it's busy). That's alot of f*cking work. Flying into Mexico City and Ixtapa in that RJ is NOT work.

I've been that freightdawg and I've been that RJ driver. If I were you, I wouldn't look for any sympathy from these freight guys. I think you should just bow out of this argument. You have great equipment, they don't. Compared to a G-V, your jet is nothing to write home about. Compared to theirs, it's a great machine. All relative.

And don't even get started about flying into Saltillo at 3 AM after 13 hours of duty shooting an approach down to mins. And then deadhead that airplane back to Laredo and Pontiac (if it's busy). That's alot of f*cking work. Flying into Mexico City and Ixtapa in that RJ is NOT work.

I never asked for any sympathy. I never made personal attacks. I never said I was flying a superior aircraft. I never said my plane was better/worse than anybody else's. It's guys like you reading WAY to much into what I wrote.

How do you deadhead an airplane? Do you pull it off duty and put it in a seat in the back?

How do you deadhead an airplane? Do you pull it off duty and put it in a seat in the back?

well in the on-demand cargo world, something you know nothing about, airplanes often fly empty(deadhead) to pick up cargo or re-po back home. for example you fly 10 hours part 135 away from your base. then you fly 10 hours home part 91(empty) so another crew can do the same thing when you get back.

well in the on-demand cargo world, something you know nothing about, airplanes often fly empty(deadhead) to pick up cargo or re-po back home. for example you fly 10 hours part 135 away from your base. then you fly 10 hours home part 91(empty) so another crew can do the same thing when you get back.

Well, in the world of the majors (which you know nothing about), that would be called an empty repo. Deadheading is when you are not flying and taking a seat in the back of the aircraft. So when you get a job at a major, you'll know what you are talking about now.

Like I said, if it's that bad, quit. Get a job flying somewhere else instead of crying about a 20 hour day like in the above case. Somebody got a gun to your head also?

dobag, I bet you sleep in your uniform and wear your leather jacket on the tarmac in 80 degree temps in Mexico. Please, enlighten us more to the "airline lingo" mr. airline pilot. What is that they tell you guys in indoc? "Please don't wear your uniform when picking up your food stamps!!!"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back