Part 135 Job in Florida

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

whatfuelpolicy

Malone AirCharter in Jacksonville, Florida is looking for a dispatcher. - Preferably newly certificated.

$12.00/hr to start.

Sat-Wed 9am-5pm

Position will include managing front desk on Saturday and Sunday for flight school and Monday - Wedensday coordinating charter flights for a fleet of Citation Jets.

email resume to: [email protected]

For $12.00/hr I would rather ask "Do you want to supersize that?". Less responsibility. DO NOT take this job and lower the dispatcher profession any further. It's already low enough! Then manage a front desk? I throw the BS flag! It is just effing insulting! Where are we going to draw the line?

Last edited:
So I did some more research on this position - the individual selected will be required to work the ramp one day each week fueling aircraft and such...on top of normal dispatching duties and covering the flight school desk. Ridiculous! I figured when I posted this position in this forum it would create a stir. I have seen this position posted on Sheffield's site and several other places as well.

Apparently, the turnover at this company is quite high (Go figure!) and the work conditions are pretty bad. Employees - pilots included - are expected to be available on call 24/7 and after talking with a current employee, there is no overtime, but you are expected to complete a full days work for three separate jobs in one day.

Wow, $12/hr. At least at a regional for about $13/hr you can get a somewhat favorable schedule (4 on 3 off) plus full time and union benefits.

In the end all of us in the profession are losers in situations like this.

I don't see this downward death sprial changing anytime soon, if ever.. the entire dispatch profession is probably doomed to becoming IT monitors one day.. with no license needed.. Sort of like being a moderator here.. :(

JAX is a hamburger and hotdog town, and hard to find a proffesional place to settle into, and most of the companies there know this.

The deal is that since a cert isn't required, they're not going to pay like it is. Besides, this ISN'T a dispatching job. You would work for a charter company doing various tasks like flight following, filing flight plans, fueling, desk work, but it ISN'T dispatching.

A trained monkey could do that job, so why would they pay anything but barely above minimum wage?

SKC, I think you are missing the point. They weren't looking for a ramper, they were looking for a dispatcher, preferably newly FAA certified.

I agree that the duties could all be done by a sharp ramper, but OP said they preferred a certified dispatcher. Therein lies the problem. I also think $12/hr to flight follow, file flight plans, fueling and desk work is way too low pay for the responsibility. We are dealing with aviation here, not cheeseburgers....peoples' lives are at stake. Anyone who is even remotely involved in a flight deserves more than $12/hr before taxes!

Would you trust your family (or yourself) on a flight that was planned by a "trained monkey" earning $12/hr.? You OK with that???

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back