Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
New to the Part 135 Customs procedures/forms...

Could someone please run through the process. Have a flight going non-stop in to YYZ (Avitat) and returning back in to NC, both with passengers...

Please include what forms I need going in to Canada and back into the U.S. Got the General Dec. forms for both U.S. and Canada along with the declaration cards for the passengers. APIS has been taken care of into & out... What am I missing.. ???

Thanks in advance...

Make sure to call Canadian Can Pass at least 2 hours before going into YYZ; they want to talk to the PIC. (Names, DOB, why and how long in CAN, questions like that). Let them know if your ETA changes by +- 15 minutes. They may very well NOT meet the plane upon landing, but you'll need to call them (again).
US seems to be more picky about paperwork and timliness; maybe understandably why. They will meet the A/C as opposed to CAN. Every customs guy/gal is different, seems to me. Best to have everything ready is what I do, even if they won't want it.

Customs

1. Fill out the Gen Dec.
2. Fax it to the nearest customs, for your clearance outbound stamp.
3. Have them fax it back to you. Keep it with you.
4. Call Canpass the night before.
5. Set up customs arrival back to the US no more than 48 hrs prior, no less than 2 hrs.
6. Call Canpass when you get there and get your number. Also get the badge number of the person.
7. Arrive back in the US at the scheduled time, or change it with them if it is going to be different.
8. Present each "crewmember" gen dec along with the passenger gen dec's (the skinny blue ones)
I think apis can only be done 24hrs prior to departure, but not sure. It only takes a few minutes to run it.

Good Luck, Hope this helps.

When in doubt always call the customs office directly. Some are different than others.

GREATLAKES,

Thanks, that is what I was looking for... All of my previous flights were Part 91 and things seemed to get more complicated with 135 flights..

Any other info... ???

A few links to help you out. Also be dang sure you check all pax against TSA. The worst time for a problem is thru customs.

Unfortunatlly not all ports of entry require the same forms or procedures.. If I haven't clear thru a particular port of entry I fill all the forms out Crew Decs, Gen Decs, Paers and the welcome to America for Us Paxs. I-98 is for foreign pax. On another note some CBP officers don't want you to leave the aircraft apon arrival while others will let you die of starvation before they would come out to the aircraft.
If you are clear ILM don't leave the aircraft wait for the customs to come to you.

Ask before you fly inot ports. Some customs agent have no problem embarrassing you infront of pax's if the wrong paperwork is filled out.

One other thing if you file out of the USA as a 135 you must file back into the USA as part-135 regardless if you have pax on board vice versa for 91.

Good Luck

General Declerations.https://forms.customs.gov/customsrf/getformharness.asp?formName=cf-7507-form.xft

APIS https://eapis.cbp.dhs.gov/eapisj/eapis/login

customs http://www.customs.gov/xp/cgov/home.xml

I drove over to the local customs office where we'll be clearing back in just to ask some questions and of course the "friendly" customs officer was acting like I was putting him out... :rolleyes: I love how these govt. agencies get all over you when you screw things up but get bent out of shape when you go out of your way to try and make sure you do it right...

I am scrambling to come up with the Crewmember Dec. forms... Anyone have some they could FedEx me if I PM you my FedEx account number ???

Thanks,
h25b

You don't have to have an original form here is a link to a copy of crew dec formhttp:http:
//www.jfkforms.com/jfkcf2.pdf2.pdf

h25b said:
I drove over to the local customs office where we'll be clearing back in just to ask some questions and of course the "friendly" customs officer was acting like I was putting him out... :rolleyes: I love how these govt. agencies get all over you when you screw things up but get bent out of shape when you go out of your way to try and make sure you do it right...

I am scrambling to come up with the Crewmember Dec. forms... Anyone have some they could FedEx me if I PM you my FedEx account number ???

Thanks,
h25b

Since this is copied from an original is it still legit...??? This is a numbered form and just a sample is available from the Customs web-site...

We use photo copies all the time for custom forms. I used to clear customs 10 to 15 times a month all over the country and they never cared about photo copies as long as they can read it.

h25b said:
Since this is copied from an original is it still legit...??? This is a numbered form and just a sample is available from the Customs web-site...

Latest resources

Back