• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Part 135 24 hour reserve?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sim training is not involved in air commerce, no 24 hrs off in seven days, no rest requirements, but once you go back to line flying you must do a look back and ensure all items are covered.

Sim training is no different than doing Jepps, office work, cleaning the plane, washing the DO's car or on standby and required to be available for duty.

If you are required to work (in any capacity) by your employer (the certificate holder) then you are not in rest. In which case you must still have to be able to "look back" 24 hrs and have 10 hours of rest documented before flying the line.

Last edited:
What I said?

Here we go again.
Sim training is no different than doing Jepps, office work, cleaning the plane, washing the DO's car or on standby and required to be available for duty.

If you are required to work (in any capacity) by your employer (the certificate holder) then you are not in rest. In which case you must still have to be able to "look back" 24 hrs and have 10 hours of rest documented.
Isn't that what I said? You have to do a look back when you return to line flying, but going into the sim there is no rest requirement by regulation

Isn't that what I said? You have to do a look back when you return to line flying, but going into the sim there is no rest requirement by regulation

Sorry, I misunderstood your post to imply that rest was not required to fly after sim training.

Latest resources

Back