• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Parks College Grads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I graduated from Parks in May 1999... I spent two years on the old campus and two years on the new campus.... I spent many nights at Stooges and than hopping over to Pop'N'Pizza for some food. I fly for CoEx now and I have been back to STL many times since graduation to visit friends and campus....

Just thought I would throw my two cents in...

Site41

Site 41??? who are you???? I went to Parks, finished in 95,I think, and then instructed there for 2 years. I've been here at xjet since feb 99.

Ahhh, STOOGES! TKE parties at SLU on Weds, Dwan washing his nuts in the sink every night, Patricia Stevens college skanks, KEYS and then BBC Bladder Busters on THURS, Wild Bill, and anyone remember Bob the fireman on 1st floor South (92-93 I think). And how bout Brian S's cult like debriefings? Oh and does anyone remember the legendary dance duo, DELTA FORCE???

Davi8

Landed there twice, once in an Ercoupe, and the other time in a TB9-er! **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** those power lines on to the Southwest were tall!!!!!!!!!!!

Was there from '93 to '96. Didn't graduate, though. Too much hockey. Oops!

Anyone know Mike Baummer? Mesaba, maybe. If so, point him this way and have him PM me.

I know mike- dont know if anyone's told him about you, but he's here at Mesaba. I'll let him know.
A Former Mr. Parks

I flew at Lakes for a while after graduating Parks in December of '98. I'm at Air Wisconsin on the Bac146 now. I've never landed at Parks but I did take a mooney on a 200kt low pass (not sure how low but it sure made Andora nervous) during the annual airshow. It's kinda wierd flying head on at a formation of warbirds...whoops.

Now here's the real question...who's landed at that private grass strip a couple miles to the south of CPS? Better yet, did anybody ever land on the levy during a checkout from Downtown (sc)air?

What's with the freak of a chief pilot having you land deadstick on the sod farms during a checkout?! The rental rate was right though...CHEAP.

AWACoff said:
Now here's the real question...who's landed at that private grass strip a couple miles to the south of CPS?

Columbia-Sackman is what it's called, I think. It appeared on charts as a private field for years, and then suddenly it didn't. At least on the one I had. A STL Class B chart came out early 1999 or so and listed it as an ordinary public-use turf field (just like Highland, if you've ever been there). I did some homework and looked for NOTAMs and called the FSS and found nothing. So, as a Parks instructor, I felt compelled to do the responsible thing and started landing there with my students. I mean, really... it was just a waste of a great field if we didn't. I found out later, if memory serves, that it was a mistake and was supposed to have remained a private field. At least it explains why that strange man was waving his arms at us when we landed there and took off again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back