Parking brake

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

j41driver

What does your carrier have you do with the parking brake once you've pulled into the gate and chocks are installed? My previous carrier always had us leave it on but current carrier has us release it once chocks are in place. What do you guys do?

j41driver said:
What does your carrier have you do with the parking brake once you've pulled into the gate and chocks are installed? My previous carrier always had us leave it on but current carrier has us release it once chocks are in place. What do you guys do?

Release it after chocks are in... On they 756, I believe the parking brake will prevent the a/c from rolling for only a few hours. Pressure bleeds off.

Where the hell you been, anyway?

j41driver said:
Release 'em. Helps to cool the brakes, plus it lessens the transfer of heat into the wheels/tires.

We keep them on on the 744. The pressure will stay.

j41driver said:

UPS was wondering why our mean time between brake changes was higher than other carriers operating the 757/767 and did some research into this several years ago. Bottom line: releasing the parking brake after chocks are installed (previously we left the brake on) extends the life of the brakes by allowing them to cool faster. YMMV.

BBB

Latest resources

Back