• Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLYLOW22

Too bad it's only a day though.

Mark your calendars... 3/15/07.

No negotiations on that day I guess..

US Airways CEO sentenced to 1 day in jail for drunken driving arrest
CHRIS KAHN
Associated Press
PHOENIX - The CEO of US Airways will spend one day in jail for his drunken driving arrest shortly after his airline's $9.8 billion bid for Delta Air Lines was rejected.

Doug Parker, 45, pleaded guilty Tuesday morning in Scottsdale City Court to one DUI charge, according to the court clerk's office.

Prosecutors asked that a second DUI charge and a speeding charge be dismissed.

Municipal Court Judge Joseph Olcavage ordered Parker to spend 24 hours in jail on March 15. Olcavage also fined Parker $1,646.25 and ordered him to be screened by a doctor to determine if he has a problem with alcohol addiction.

Parker was pulled over Jan. 31 after leaving a party at the FBR Open golf tournament in Scottsdale.

US Airways acknowledged the sentence in a statement to employees Tuesday: "Doug knows he made a serious mistake and has apologized for his actions. He plans to adhere to all of the court-directed repercussions and restitutions that come about from this charge."

Police spotted him driving 20 mph over the posted 45 mph speed limit in his black BMW.

According to a police report, officers noticed that Parker had bloodshot and watery eyes, slurred speech and alcohol on his breath. The CEO refused to take a breathalyzer test.

Police gave him roadside sobriety tests, then took Parker to a DUI task force post for booking and to have blood drawn for an alcohol-level test.

His blood-alcohol level was found to be 0.096. The legal limit in Arizona is 0.08.

Police called a taxi for him and had his car towed.

Beware the drivers on the I-17 while you're picking up the trash from the side of the road in your pretty pink stripes.
Oh, wouldn't that be sweet, if only for a moment to see him picking up trash? I doubt it will happen, though.
I wonder if he has to get one of them fancy ignition locks chronic drunk drivers have in their cars...

He should be suspended immediatly without pay until further investigation. The Usair, Amwest emplyees ought to cut his pension for downgrading the profession. Furthermore, he should be downgraded from his position and given a paycut while the FEDs observe. Also, this should go into his FAA records and his PRIA files so that every other employer from here on out can know about his record thus, never ever being able to find employment in this line of work again.

Geeez, I'm sure that the folks at the TSA lines everywhere are upset that they missed this one! That could've been one more in the bag for them.

I wonder if he has to report this conviction to the FAA like pilots do.

By the way, does anybody even know if he HAS a pilot's license? If so, he's got 60 days to report to the FAA, besides disclosing it on his next medical certificate.

But, I would be willing to bet he doesn't even have a private certificate.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Champ42272

Latest resources

Back