• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Parents part of the Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
She earned 20 grand and couldn't afford a public school? Probably drank or smoke it and bought some sweet rims for her hooptie.

Isn't college PFT?

Back to the original post, did anyone see where his 10 year old brother offed himself? As Eric Cartmen would say, "That right there is pretty f***ed up."

I never went to high school. Never took the GED.. and got my B.S. at relatively young age compared to most.... circumstances vary.

Hey FN,
The age thing really sucks but that close should've gotten you a waiver. You missed out on some good sh$t as well as some bad like everything else around I guess.

What's with the girl who got 20K for doing homework for the Walton chick and then dropped out because she couldn't afford tuition?? Did she not learn the fine art of extortion whilst doing her research??

Wonder how the poor dear Walton will make ends meet now that the proof of her higher education has been snatched away? Maybe Pilotyip will consider her for employment. After all, it didn't say she lost her high school diploma.

"USC spokesman James Grant said Wednesday the university had no further comment. Laurie had been given a bachelor's degree by the USC Annenberg School for Communication in May 2004."

If she can't get a degree in communications legitimately, you gotta wonder how she can even cross a street by herself.

Immelman said:
I never went to high school. Never took the GED.. and got my B.S. at relatively young age compared to most.... circumstances vary.

Yeah, I did some nontraitional things in high school as well. Kinda bit me in the arse in college; I hated anything I had to go to class for, and stupid me thought becoming a pilot might be a great idea. Let's just say I am not employed in the subjects I studied (or attempted to study) in college nor will I be employed as a commercial pilot either.

I just wished I would have known in 1998 that I could have gone to a community college for two years and then got a six figure a year career when I graduated. How do I know that? I just finished the aforementioned community college program :) Four year degree, $20k in flight training, not required for job. Ouch.

atrdriver said:
Very true, but many of those names are from times past as well. Simple fact is that very few people who drop out of school will go on to be household names. Most will end up working menial jobs at best. I don't have facts to back it up, but I'd bet that the majority of those in our county jail are high school dropouts.

I completely concur. It takes the rare individual to educate himself to that level. Most drop-outs are selling crack on the street corner, or asking for Federal handouts down in Louisiana (low blow, I know. But you get the point).

You just can't judge everyone by a singular action. I almost just took the GED in my soph year of high school to go to college early. Thankfully my parents encouraged me to stay in H.S. for the social aspects. Yes I could have graduated college when I was 19, but I would have been one of those lonely nerds with no social life. I think I am much better for completing H.S. with my peers.

As a result, I think there is much more value to H.S. than just the education aspects.

And as the Wolcotts struggle to understand the latest incident, they grieve for their son. When Andrew was 8 years old, his 10-year-old brother, Jeffrey, committed suicide, they said. A counselor told the Wolcotts that Andrew would reprocess the loss at each turning point in his life.

Well you know how they say being disturbed runs in the family. This sort of jumped out at me.

atrdriver said:
I don't have facts to back it up, but I'd bet that the majority of those in our county jail are high school dropouts.
I hear ya...HS and College Grads usually pull enough money in to pay their bail. If not, their parents can usually front the house to the bail bondsmen.

Latest resources

Back