• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Parents part of the Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew snakes for a while and I can't help but laugh when I see a gun bunny talking education! I don't mean to imply that you are uneducated and I do believe education is a good thing, not to be dismissed lightly. But I can recall a lot of darts being thrown in many different crew rooms and there was rarely any intellectual banter thrown about. Unless of course one considers discussions centered around the probability that on any given night, any given stripper "wants me" to be intellectual banter. When I last flew a Cobra to a static display (at a high school) the 1LT with me actually asked one of the guidance counselors "How much for the little girl!"

You got me there Traderd. :) No shortage of Retards among Army Aviators.

If everybody was educated, who would listen to country music?

Phoenix45 said:
Just food for thought… The below all did not finish highschool, and look what they accomplished. I left out many of the earlier names (franklin, Edison, Washington, Lincoln, etc) due to the fact that many were home-schooled back then:

Very true, but many of those names are from times past as well. Simple fact is that very few people who drop out of school will go on to be household names. Most will end up working menial jobs at best. I don't have facts to back it up, but I'd bet that the majority of those in our county jail are high school dropouts.

Stifler's Mom said:
I think he still qualifies to work at a Regional Airline though.

If you're breathing you qualify to work at a regional airline.:)

Hey, hey, HEY! Don't be dissin' Patsy now.....

Patsy Cline is listed in the 2005 Edition of the Guinness Book of World Records for having the record for the most weeks on the US Charts for an album by a female artist (of all genre): 722 weeks total, with 251 of them at # 1, with "Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits.

GoingHot said:
You got me there Traderd. :) No shortage of Retards among Army Aviators.
In '93, the Jacksonville Army recruiters we're all set to take me to lunch and start the paperwork. I'd have pvt-mei in the bag, prior service a big plus...not to mention, I had an associate degree. But as soon as they found out I was half a birthday too old...cancel the dinner reservations! They could "don't ask/don't tell" a gay guy, but age discrimination was in full effect! Woo-hah! They had me all in check!

Woo Hah!

Wal-Mart Heiress Returns USC Diploma

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Elizabeth Paige Laurie's name was on a sports arena when a former University of Southern California roommate alleged the Wal-Mart heiress paid her $20,000 to do her homework. Now it isn't even on a USC diploma.

Laurie, the granddaughter of Wal-Mart co-founder Bud Walton, has returned her degree, nearly a year after Elena Martinez told ABC's "20/20" that she had written term papers and done assignments for Laurie for 3 1/2 years.

"Paige Laurie voluntarily has surrendered her degree and returned her diploma to the university. She is not a graduate of USC," the school said in a statement dated Sept. 30 but not widely disseminated until the school newspaper wrote about it late last week. "This concludes the university's review of the allegations concerning Ms. Laurie."

USC spokesman James Grant said Wednesday the university had no further comment. Laurie had been given a bachelor's degree by the USC Annenberg School for Communication in May 2004.

After the homework allegations surfaced last November, the University of Missouri changed the name of what was then Paige Sports Arena. Laurie's billionaire parents, Bill and Nancy Laurie, had received naming rights in exchange for donating $25 million toward the building's construction. Nancy Laurie is Walton's daughter.

A call seeking comment from Bill Laurie at his Paige Sports Entertainment company was not immediately returned. The family has repeatedly declined to comment on the cheating allegation.

Martinez has an unlisted phone number and could not be reached for comment.

At the time of the "20/20" broadcast, Martinez said she dropped out of USC because she couldn't afford the tuition. She said she learned a great deal by doing Laurie's class work.

Latest resources

Back