Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Paperwork to sign when quitting the regional.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy26ok

A few days after turning in my 2 week notice of resignation, my chief is asking me to come in and sign a few things. I tend to think like a lawyer, and I'm wondering what incentive I have by signing something at a company I'm leaving. I fully intend to either turn in (or mail) everything that has been issued to me. Does anyone know if there are repercussions to me not signing this stuff? I'm at the big, nonunion regional out west. I am indeed moving on to another airline.

Thanks

Ask him what it is he wants you to sign. Also ask him to send you some advance copies so that you can look them over/study them and have a lawyer review them if you deem necessary.

When I left my regional 1.5 yrs ago I didn't sign anything, nor did they ask me to.

When I left my regional, I didn't have to sign anything. What is this stuff he wants you to sign? Is there a training contract at your airline?

No training contract, no employment contract, no severance payment or consideration for signing anything. I think the only way they may "help me out" in return is by leaving my travel benefits on for an extra day so I can commute home.

A few days after turning in my 2 week notice of resignation, my chief is asking me to come in and sign a few things. I tend to think like a lawyer, and I'm wondering what incentive I have by signing something at a company I'm leaving. I fully intend to either turn in (or mail) everything that has been issued to me. Does anyone know if there are repercussions to me not signing this stuff? I'm at the big, nonunion regional out west. I am indeed moving on to another airline.

Thanks

You are very wise

Do not reply unless you want to go back, they probably want a debrief as to why you would want to leave their Stepford nest.
Waste of time...

Sign it with a giant turd?

Yeah, I'd ask for advance copies to review.

Be careful about just blowing off the meeting...if they consider that a work assignment they could write you up for no-showing it, which might impact your next job.

Go to the meeting, but don't feel like you have to sign anything because you don't.

Maybe ask this on the SAPA forums, I've never heard of it before maybe others can shed light.

No matter how much you love your new company and think youll never go back, I wouldn't burn a bridge in this industry.

No matter how much you love your new company and think youll never go back, I wouldn't burn a bridge in this industry.

I used to think that way and mostly it's true. I think the exception would be a Hulas owned company. In that case burn that bridge down. I would never go back to work for any of his companies. Screw you Hulas

Latest resources

Back