• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pan Am

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The thing I heard is that they cannot fly those planes in the United States so they are going down to the Caribbean and Central/South America.

Haven't heard much about hiring - you'd figure they would have to but maybe they will be hiring nationals from those regions.

I heard that they are going to interview but really wanted people with a 727 background, preferably current now. That's all I've gotten from several sources.

Not at All

They bought the name because no esle was using it, I think it is neat they are keeping a grand old name alive.

Pan Am's new planes

24 former UAL 727's are showing up about one per week. There is six sitting at Portsmouth, NH maintenance facility right now. The jets are supposed to be used on central american and some south american routes in coming months under the Pan Am World Airways name. The BIG question is who is going to fly them. There are many rumors of who will be hired and from what country...what pay scales...union or not union...current 727 experience or not. There may be a lot of opportunities but there are many unanswered questions.

Latest resources

Back