• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Pan Am

Two-9-9-TwoSet

webmaster
Total Time
What's the deal?

Anyone familiar with their latest news? i read somewhere that they are getting 24 ex-United 727s..are they hiring?

Tri-holer

Unregistered Ruser
Total Time
7000+
The thing I heard is that they cannot fly those planes in the United States so they are going down to the Caribbean and Central/South America.

Haven't heard much about hiring - you'd figure they would have to but maybe they will be hiring nationals from those regions.

Race Pilot

Total Time
8500+
I heard that they are going to interview but really wanted people with a 727 background, preferably current now. That's all I've gotten from several sources.

pilotyip

Total Time
Not at All

They bought the name because no esle was using it, I think it is neat they are keeping a grand old name alive.

Riddler

Total Time
Pan Am's new planes

24 former UAL 727's are showing up about one per week. There is six sitting at Portsmouth, NH maintenance facility right now. The jets are supposed to be used on central american and some south american routes in coming months under the Pan Am World Airways name. The BIG question is who is going to fly them. There are many rumors of who will be hired and from what country...what pay scales...union or not union...current 727 experience or not. There may be a lot of opportunities but there are many unanswered questions.