Pan Am Connection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Direct HUSSK

Does anyone know anything about Boston-Maine Airways? I know they are flying Jet Streams out of Portsmouth, NH but little else. I have an interview next week and would appreciate any info. I am wondering if this will be better or worse than the $452 a week I get for unemployment.

You get $452 a week in unemployment?! Why in the world would you want to work for a living? That about twice as much as you'll make as a regional airline pilot. Looks like I should retire and collect unemployment.

WOW $452! I get $295 up to 26 weeks and that is the max for Georgia DOL.

pan am interview

I interviewed in august. they were hiring. I interviewed for capt pos. two older guys, handled the interview. there is a short knowledge test. the old guy is ex air force, so know the difference ina military/civ airport beacon. holding speeds. the chief pilot is young. came from cape air... he had been on duty for 14 days.... the deal was salaried for $33,600 for capt. plus overtime. they said plan on flying 100 to 120 a month. six day schedules...

$25.00/day per diem in training..not include weekends... they provide apartment and company vehicle. the ramp had six old united 727. they claim they bought 25. have five 727 in pan am colors...they claim they bought 15 old 31's in the desert.

the day i was there, one crew had emergency gear extension...
chris chapman is the chief pilot. bob rohrburn was the friendly retiree helping in the interviews.

they fly out of portsmouth...all crews must live in portsmouth... they fly you to baltimore or ferry planes for the state contract...they fly out of sanford, fl as well.

things slowed down in late aug....jeff kelcourse of HR, said they had reduced flying so a sept class was postponed..... i have found something else....

the owners of the company... guilford transportation holdings either have seats on the board at mellon bank or have buddies there.. finance isn't a problem...

there whole deal seems to be about feeding the 727 for south florida and carribean routes from the northeast and mid atlantic...

this is kind of a poor man's JetBlue if you get the drift

pan am training contract

oh yeah, they wanted me a typed jetstream driver to sign a 2 year training contract for 14,600. 00

at pan am in dulles, recurrent in the stream would have been about 3000 with furnished instructor.....

i call this enron style accouting

the contract is paid back at 700.00 a month , then the yleave a 2000. balance for three more years , so as they claim, they can entice you to stay......

of course , they are out of their collective, friggin MINDS!

They just had a Sep class of 3 new hires and one internal upgrade from the Casa to the Jetstream. Yes they did buy 15 more Jetstreams, about 12 will be flyers. They are in the process of ferrying them from the desert in Kingman, AZ(?) to OKC for rehab.

Possible late Oct class. It helps if you live in the Northeast as the only domicile in Portsmouth, NH. All flight training is now done in the airplane. No more sim training at Dulles.

As a side note, the parent airline Pan Am is recalling some furloughlees back for the anticipated uptick in winter flying

Flight Training

Flight Training in the airplane? That sounds like a sound business decision.

I am sooooo glad I turned down the interview.

Latest resources

Back