• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Packing for a 7 day tour

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bring 2 White UnderArmor shirts instead of 7 cotton t-shirts.
They can be washed in the shower or the sink every night. Hang them up and they are dry in the morning.

Uniform shirts -- 4 SS shirts dry cleaned with light starch. Can be worn in the hotel shower and washed while wearing with the shampoo and soap. Hang up and the shirt is Dry next morning. Need very little ironing. So one shirt can last 2 days.

You're kidding right? You don't really take a shower with your uniform shirt on, washing it with the shampoo and soap, do you??? What about laundry service at the hotel? Can they take your laundry at night, and have it ready the next morning? Can you expense the charge to the room?

I have heard about one guy who washes out his clothes in the sink every night. He then hangs them up in the bathroom, turns on the hairdryer, and closes the door. This expedites the drying process.

That's just nasty. You might be able to get away with 2 days per shirt, once in a while, but never 3.

You must be a heavy sweater. I change my undershirt a lot more often than my uniform shirt. I can wear uniform shirts for several days unless I spill something.

Skip packing the "workout shirt." Just wear your undershirt from the day. Less stuff to pack.

Yeah, but you don't look as cool to the chicks in the hotel fitness center.
;)

:eek: Nice, you must be a redneck. Just the kind of image we should be projecting to owners. :rolleyes:

Nah. I only do this when i'm at an fbo for extended periods, and know when the pax are coming back. I am kinda becoming a redneck as I age I guess.:rolleyes:

I'll stick with carrying 7 shirts...thank you very much.

what I carry in a 22" TravelPro bag:

6 S/S uniform shirts
6 t-shirts
6 pair of black socks
6 underwear
2 polo-type shirts
1 t-shirt for the gym
3 pair gym socks
running shoes
sandels (summer time only)
1 pair jean shorts
1 pair long jeans
shaving kit bag.

It all fits.

That's just nasty. You might be able to get away with 2 days per shirt, once in a while, but never 3.

Skip packing the "workout shirt." Just wear your undershirt from the day. Less stuff to pack.

:eek: Nice, you must be a redneck. Just the kind of image we should be projecting to owners. :rolleyes:

I didn't say that I WORKED every day dude. Some fleets don't work nearly as hard as others. Believe me, I look good at work.. I have nothing to fear from the Uniform police and I'm not a sweat hog.

This week, flew 3 legs... one revenue. I have shirts to burn.

I work internationally for an ACMI carrier, and have often been on the road for more than 30 days at a time. Since I often had to jumpseat to boot and could not bring a bigger bag and check it, I made a checklist and got down to the bare minimum of what I could cram in my 22" Costco bag and a flight kit.

We generally have free laundry service contracted with our hotels, so that helps a lot. As far as helping to decrease, overall, what you need to pack:

Gunfyter had it right when he talked about bringing Underarmour stuff. But what I bring as opposed to Underarmour are some things made by Ex-Officio (http://www.exofficio.com/). Why are people bringing 6-7 pairs of underwear/socks and multiple casual shirts and taking up all that room in their bags? Bring 2 pairs (3 at most) of Ex-Officio travel underwear instead. They are really comfortable, and when you finish wearing one pair for the day, you wash it in the sink or shower and it dries totally in about 2 hours. They make other nice travel stuff too, which not only look nice but also can really help to save space. Their stuff isn't cheap but I think it's worth it. The stuff I have bought from them has lasted a long time and is still going strong.

$0.02 contribution over now.

You're kidding right? You don't really take a shower with your uniform shirt on, washing it with the shampoo and soap, do you??? What about laundry service at the hotel? Can they take your laundry at night, and have it ready the next morning? Can you expense the charge to the room?

Never showered with my shirt on myself, but this isn't the first time I've heard it! As to expensing laundry service to your room/company, I don't now that your company will get real excited about that every tour, I guess it depends on your contract?
Regarding your earlier question, "Do the company encourage you to travel light?"
It's not really question of encouragement, purely the available space in your roller. Lots of guys are commuting with the 26", and most airlines are being pretty cool about allowing it as a carry-on,(if you're commuting in uniform), but I personally hate checking my bag at all, so I've stayed with the 22".
And, I agree with many here, 2 days per shirt (obviously with a clean t-shirt) is no problem. Carry some Shout wipes, and a Bleach pen, and iron every night. You'll look fine every AM!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back