• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Packing for a 7 day tour

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$29. Walmart 24" carry on bag (just get a new one every 6 months), .
$99 COSTCO bag. TravelPro knockoff. It is awesome.. and if something happens to it ... I am rarely in a city that does not have CostCo to replace it. This may be the last time I ever have to purchase a bag. Plus COSTCO is a union shop ... Walmarts is not.

Executive 22" Rolling Carry-on...

Every Kirkland Signature product is guaranteed to meet or exceed the quality standards of the leading national brands. If you are not completely satisfied, your money will be refunded.​

Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 400 Costco warehouses worldwide.​
Those PNS bags weigh a ton. I hate loading my partners bag into the Falcon. This COSTCO bag is light and STRONG.

Last edited:
27" Travel Pro Bag

7 Underwear
7 black socks
2 white socks
2 work shirts (winter) 3 (summer)
Toiletry bag
board shorts
2 casual t-shirts
1 collared shirt
1 pair of jeans
1 pair tennis shoes
1 pair flip flops
1 ball cap
1 brown belt
1 pair work out shorts
1 work out t-shirt

Luggage Works Executive Tote Model 304A "goodie bag"
http://www.luggageworksonline.com/product.asp?CatID=3

We don't carry "flight kits" so I carry this bag for my FOM, computer, camera, other electronics.

Luggage Works Executive Duffel Model 202A "TSA Bag"

If you get called "not a real pilot" at TSA, your liquids and gels fit easily into this bag to get checked. Some pilos check all of their luggage, personal choice I guess. "TSA bag" rolls up and fit in 27" Luggage Works bag.

I prefer to know I have my gear with me since:

-the ramp monkies bang the hell out of luggage
-airlines really won't cover ANY damage to the bag these days
-the large bag wheels easy so I don't have to carry the "goodie bag" (save a rotator cuff)
-you won't get into the pilot/ACP "I don't have my clothes, can't fly" argument
-even if the Luggage Works bag has a warranty, damage effects are cumulative and will add up to long term damage extending past the warranty period.

so you wear the same pair of uniform pants 3-4 times without being washed?? Same shirt 2-3 times? Are you encouraged to pack lightly? How many uniforms does the company provide?

When you're on the road for extended periods you'll learn to wear the same shirts or pants multiple times. Under garments and socks are the only thing I refuse to wear twice.

7 Underwear
7 black socks
2 white socks
3-4 work shirts
Toiletry bag
1 casual shirts
1 workout shirt
1 pair of jeans
1 pair tennis shoes
1 pair flip flops
1 ball cap
1 pair work out shorts

I also carry a backpack for shoes and reading material. I typically wind up picking up a couple of extra FBO shirts and stuff, so it helps to have extra space.

Those purdyneat bags are great. Cheaper than the Walmart bag in the long run. (I've had mine for 7 years now.)

Speaking of "having mine for 7 years now", I've heard that they will refurbish your bag for not too much money and even send you a replacement while they do it. Anyone have any experience with this?

I've had my 26" stealth bag for 5 years and finally got tired of pounding the frame back into shape. (I check it normally). I sent the bag back for refurbishing and they replaced the long parts of the metal frame, 2 zippers, the metal plate at the bottom rear, and repaired several tears that had started. It was out of warranty, so it cost about $100.

I've had my 26" stealth bag for 5 years and finally got tired of pounding the frame back into shape. (I check it normally). I sent the bag back for refurbishing and they replaced the long parts of the metal frame, 2 zippers, the metal plate at the bottom rear, and repaired several tears that had started. It was out of warranty, so it cost about $100.

How long did it take them and did they give you a "loaner" bag while they had yours?

2 work shirts (winter) 3 (summer)
That's just nasty. You might be able to get away with 2 days per shirt, once in a while, but never 3.

Skip packing the "workout shirt." Just wear your undershirt from the day. Less stuff to pack.

learflyer said:
If you like to exercise alot, lay your sweaty azz gym clothes over the wing, (if you are on crew rot at fbo) they'll dry nicely.
:eek: Nice, you must be a redneck. Just the kind of image we should be projecting to owners. :rolleyes:

Bring 2 White UnderArmor shirts instead of 7 cotton t-shirts.
They can be washed in the shower or the sink every night. Hang them up and they are dry in the morning.

Uniform shirts -- 4 SS shirts dry cleaned with light starch. Can be worn in the hotel shower and washed while wearing with the shampoo and soap. Hang up and the shirt is Dry next morning. Need very little ironing. So one shirt can last 2 days.

How long did it take them and did they give you a "loaner" bag while they had yours?

I didn't use a loaner bag because I did this during vacation, but they would have sent one. In fact, they'll assume you need one if you don't tell them. It took them about three weeks. Their excuse was that 2 of their employees that rebuild the bags were in a car wreck together and out of commission for a while. Otherwise it would have been 5-10 business days.

As for what to pack, I need a fresh uniform shirt and undershirt every day, so there's 14 shirts right there. That's just me. I only take 2 pair of uniform pants, but those aren't up near my face, so I can wear them for a few days in a row. Then of course fresh undies and dark socks for every day, plus whatever civvies the time of year requires and I need the 26" bag.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back