• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PacificWings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When it comes down to it no company is perfect. This place is no exception, but it does fill a niche. If you are a 250 hour pilot the pay is much better most instructing jobs. Likewise if you're a 1200 hour pilot the pay beats what you could make at most regionals in the first year. It is also descent if your goal is time building. I should easily cross 1000hrs this year and the FOs seem to be about 600/yr. Not bad compared to a lot of alternatives.

wiggsfly said:
When it comes down to it no company is perfect. This place is no exception, but it does fill a niche. If you are a 250 hour pilot the pay is much better most instructing jobs. Likewise if you're a 1200 hour pilot the pay beats what you could make at most regionals in the first year. It is also descent if your goal is time building. I should easily cross 1000hrs this year and the FOs seem to be about 600/yr. Not bad compared to a lot of alternatives.
OK, so you sell your soul to work at a company that is bottom of the barrel and somehow come out unscathed in a few years. Where are you going to take your 3000+ hours of SEL PIC at that point? Maybe airbus will make an A310 with only one motor so MEL won't matter.

I didn't come here for flight time or glamour. I came here to reclaim my soul by flying in a location and a plane I still consider fun. Did the jet thing, hated every minute of it. There are a few of us in the same boat here and it fills it pretty well for now.

RJP, no reason for the constant negativity...atleast dont take it out on people who are enjoying themselves regardless of where they work.

Almerick07 said:
RJP, no reason for the constant negativity...atleast dont take it out on people who are enjoying themselves regardless of where they work.
You want me to say something good about PW? OK, here goes. It's in Hawaii. That's it.

Wiggs, I told you there were a lot of spare souls floating around that place. At least you found one. Give it a good home.

wiggsfly said:

Are you guys multipilot all the time or only when it's IFR? If only when IFR, how are FO's logging 600 hours a year?

wiggsfly said:
We're single pilot IFR and VFR. The FOs are scheduled on what amounts to a completely random basis. The 600/yr is coming from what a few of them have told me.

So they log the empty legs?

last month infact he made 7000$ in commission answering the phone and taking all the charter calls even on his day off... and the rampers are left with there little 400$ pay check, of course it is fare he have do to some extra side work, he urned it.

Latest resources

Back