Pacific Wings Airlines ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAPTAINAMERICA

Does anyone know if Pacific Wings Airlines in Hawaii operates their scheduled flights under FAR 135 VFR Regulations or under FAR 135 IFR Regulations.

I emailed back and forth with them in 2004 and they were looking for 135 IFR captains. I know this may not be a definitive answer, but this is the info they gave me.

I would recommend avoiding them. Not from personal experience, just word going around. Try Corporate Air. They fly Caravans and shorts in the islands if that's what you are looking for.

Horrible airline to work for! Last I heard they were hiring vfr and ifr captains.
But just be careful if you get hired by them!

I fly with a guy who used to work there. He said they almost always fly VFR. But of course they do require Instrument ratings to work there.

Anyone know what the pay is like? I could never get a straight anwer out of them= probably horrible...

24000 or 25000 a year I think. But that's barely enough to live on in Maui.
When I was there I rent a one bedroom apartment for 850 a month. But I grew up in Hawaii so I had family to help me out which really helped!

Horrible airline to work for. Did you answer their "Terrific Island Life Style" online Add for pilots?? Search flight info before you bite!!

Horrible airline to work for. Did you answer their "Terrific Island Life Style" online Add for pilots?? Search flight info before you bite!!

Well, it is a terrific island lifestyle for the pilots since most of them will be living in their Maui cruisers down at the beach!

Latest resources

Back