Pace/mapd

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GulfstreamSDL said:
If you want to instruct, MPD in AZ will be looking for a few full-timers in the near future due to people moving on after their contract as an instructor.
I dont know much about Farmington's story though. They have the multi's most of the year....AZ only gets the Baron for a couple/few months out of the year

I worked at the FMN location, and it's (IMO) a better place to go. The instructors this semester got an average of 7 multi students, 1 private, and 2 or 3 instrument/commercial guys. With 7 multi students, with minimum times, you can expect 120 hours from them, and that's without doing stage checks. I'm not sure what AZ pays, but two week pay-checks (after tax) of $1200-$1800 were not unreasonable if you worked hard.

And as far as not doing the program because you have to go to mesa, there aren't ANY flight schools where you could instruct and build multi-turbine time in a 50-90 seat jet. Personally, I would've liked to build my time in a jet rather than 152, but that's just me...as messed up as that sounds (going to a 121 to "build time"!)...

As far as the hiring goes, I think it hovers around 85-95% depending on the classes. I happened to know some of the people who didn't make it, and they probably won't get picked up no matter how much TT they have...they just have bad attitudes...

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back