Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pgcfii2002

"Uh....oh yeah...&quo
Anybody done the PACE program at MAPD? How much did it cost? How long did it take? How soon were you called for a ground school date???

pgcfii2002 said:
Anybody done the PACE program at MAPD? How much did it cost? How long did it take? How soon were you called for a ground school date???

Expect to spend around $12k or so for the baron and CRJ training. The people who finished in the middle of august waited about 1-2 weeks or so for an interview, with ground school dates soon after (ranged from a few days to weeks). However, this could change at any time. At the beginning of the year they weren't expecting to start interviewing until august, but that changed to april and hasn't slowed down since...

~wheelsup

And if you don't pass the interview, you have no job and $12K less in your pocket. I think the money would be better spent either building your multi-time or getting a B-737 type.

viper548 said:
And if you don't pass the interview, you have no job and $12K less in your pocket. I think the money would be better spent either building your multi-time or getting a B-737 type.

Majority of all who get to the interview will be offered the position, this coming from a pretty senior 700/900 check airman who sits on the interview board. A simple phone call to Rich Castle in Farmington will probably validate this claim, bottom line is that the program works and will get you to the flight deck of a 121 carrier. I personally wouldn't throw a dime away at a 37 type with the hopes of flying 5-7 legs a days hopping from coast to coast but different strokes for different folks I guess. On the flip side, I don't think I would give up $12k either at that point in the game, awful lot of money at that point after how much one already has invested in. It comes down to personal preferences but the program does work, hands down.

I meant the 737 type for a few years down the road. I'd rather throw $6000 at a 73 type in hopes of getting on at SWA in 5 years than throw $12000 at an almost guarateed job at Mesa.

Personally, I'd use that money to get the muliti time or get other ratings.

pgcfii2002 said:

Considering your ratings and time, perhaps you should consider a CFI position with them. It's a year obligation with the same interview at the end of the contract. Lots of hours, lots of multi, good pay, and flight bennies.

http://www.flightcareers.com/instruct.htm

Last edited:
EngineOut said:
Considering your ratings and time, perhaps you should consider a CFI position with them. It's a year obligation with the same interview at the end of the contract. Lots of hours, lots of multi, good pay, and flight bennies.

http://www.flightcareers.com/instruct.htm

But that would require doing some work (GULP)! Besides who would pay $12k to work at Mesa. Get your CFI and your time and get a job with a better airline.

Go to www.mesalounge.com and you can see all the reason why not to attend the program. Plenty of disgruntled Mesa folks on that board.

Regarding the hiring of the applicants, I'd bet you'd have to be pretty chewed up not to get the job. They have a vested interest in hiring you. If they don't hire the people who went through the course, people would stop going.

350DRIVER said:
I personally wouldn't throw a dime away at a 37 type with the hopes of flying 5-7 legs a days hopping from coast to coast but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Exactly the way I feel.

If you want to instruct, MPD in AZ will be looking for a few full-timers in the near future due to people moving on after their contract as an instructor.
I dont know much about Farmington's story though. They have the multi's most of the year....AZ only gets the Baron for a couple/few months out of the year

Latest resources

Back