Pace/Hooters Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, sorry...

In a quasi-humorous related story, I know someone's son who is studying abroad currently and made friends with the son of whomever is control of most of the Hooters in Europe. So, they travel from city to city looking for Hooters so they can get cheap eats... Not how I saw Europe, but hey!

Flew with a capt. awhile back that flew with them. He came to ExpressJet from there, so that should tell you something.

box

Well, that guy that left Pace to come to ExpressJet was me. At the time (1999) when I left Pace I took a pay raise when I came to XJT. Also, Upgrade to captain at Pace was next to impossible because they only hired captains with decades of experience. The CA's there had already taken early retirement and had 1.4 million in the bank or they had been with Eastern or Braniff.

Now, as a ERJ CA I make about ten grand more a year than the Pace captains I flew with. Overall, I know I made the right decision.

”FWIW....The former D.O. went to work for Astar and is currently a F.E.”

True, he was one of the guys who hired me, very kool guy. I think he was actually hired some three years ago and spent all this time waiting in the hiring pool (DHL/ASTAR were not hiring at the time)

- Capt Caucasian - “Now, as a ERJ CA I make about ten grand more a year than the Pace captains I flew with. Overall, I know I made the right decision.”

I am sure you did, I wasn’t questioning YOUR decision, and things seem to have worked out great for you. I think the comment from Jimdandy that “friends don't let friends work for pace airlines” made me defend them a little, like I said, great folks over there, that’s all.

Latest resources

Back