Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PA28R-200 Power/Config Settings Comm. Maneuvers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ePilot22

BuyTheTicket~TakeTheRide
Does anyone have a quick reference guide for the Piper Arrow III (NA) power and configurations setting for commercial maneuvers?

I did my commercial in a 172RG so I'm not familiar with the Arrow power settings for the maneuvers.

Thanks.

eP.

Last edited:
It was a 'Coon's age ago, but I seem to remember about 20" and 2500 rpm as usually being a safe bet.

stlflyguy

Thanks.

I've read into the maneuvers and I think with some time and energy I can come up with some numbers.

One question that I can't seem to answer is the configuration for a Lazy 8.

Lazy 8: Gear up or down?

I think I remember putting the gear down on the 172RG but I can't find my maneuvers reference now.

Thanks again.

The gear on the Cessna is somewhat insignificant in regards to maneuvers.

On the Arrow, I'd leave the gear up with the override engaged (assuming it still has the "magic hand" system). Besides, that'll get rid of the need to check airspeed prior to raising the gear.

Double check the PTS as it may give guidance as to the desired configuration. If there aren't any answers, then check the FAA's flight handbook with the maneuver's description.

stlflyguy

stlflyguy said:
Double check the PTS as it may give guidance as to the desired configuration.

Did that, nothing.

stlflyguy said:
then check the FAA's flight handbook with the maneuver's description.

It does give guidance for the Chandelles, but nothing about the Lazy 8. I think i'll go with the gear up.

Thanks for your responses.

eP.

Hey why don't you just use a regular Skyhawk or Archer for the maneuvers. Then use the Arrow to show complex proficiency that's what I did. Saved time and money. Then again the only complex plane I had access to was a 210, and comm. maneuvers in a 210 is a bitch compared to the Arrow.

I did my commercial and CFI in an arrow, and from what I remember, gear remained up during the lazy 8's. Granted this was 1999, but Im sure things havent changed since,

Midlifeflyer - Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

My girlfriend is starting her commercial cert and I wasn't impressed with the instructor(s) that did her instrument, so I'm going to dust off the CFI and do it with her.

I've flown both the normal and turbo Arrow III, but just for X-countries, never in any maneuvers for a certificate. Great aircraft, but it doesn't seem very forgiving on the 180˚ power-off landing.

Thanks all!

eP.

Midlifeflyer - Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

My girlfriend is starting her commercial cert and I wasn't impressed with the instructor(s) that did her instrument, so I'm going to dust off the CFI and do it with her.
Sounds dangerous. :D
There's actually something else I was looking for I came across a few years ago, but I couldn't find it. I since found it. Go to
http://www.iflypete.com/docs_and_info.html
Go down to "V-Speeds and Maneuvers" and you'll see a link to a spreadsheet for commercial maneuvers in an Arrow.

Latest resources

Back