• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oxygene masks use

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Always wanted 'that guy' to come tell me to put on an emergency use mask for a 2 hour flight. I would explain that the mask is not intended for that purpose and explain that we will gladly descend to an altitude where he feels comfortable with us not wearing masks and land short of his destination so we can get fuel.

Always wanted 'that guy' to come tell me to put on an emergency use mask for a 2 hour flight. I would explain that the mask is not intended for that purpose and explain that we will gladly descend to an altitude where he feels comfortable with us not wearing masks and land short of his destination so we can get fuel.

But if "that guy" wanted you to go below minimums to get him home I am sure you would refuse.

There are many accident cases of people who pick and chose which rules apply to them.

I had a passenger a few months ago ask if the O2 mask usage only applied at FJ. I told him it was a FAR and it applied to everyone. He said he was on a 91 flight at FL450 and he asked the crew. Why they weren't wearing a mask. They said that rule didn't apply to them.

He thanked us and FJ for actually putting safety first, instead of just having it as a motto.

Hard a great definition of professionalism. It was doing the right thing even when others aren't looking. Do you claim to be a professional pilot?

Safety first will be a motto at FJ soon. You don't have any protection and will get picked off one at a time. They will start to do "crew shopping" again. They will find one crew that will do it and will then use it to start a "list".

I suppose all of you wear the mask "secured and sealed" right? If you hang it around your neck like most you're still in violation. Who here has gotten sick after putting it all the way on their face? I have, how safe is that? You can't talk to the other person (not always a negative!) with it secured properly, how safe is that? It's an outdated reg and we only follow it to keep the powers that be happy. Hopefully it will change as suggested earlier.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back