Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hawkercpt said:
So Griz...

Did youns guys throw the FO's under the bus on purpose, or was it just incidental that all of the guys under 2 years got hosed when it comes to the pay?

I don't know what went into the negotiating committee's strategy. The first I saw of the TA was about 15 minutes before everyone else because I was the guy tasked with posting it on our site.

That being said, we have a problem at NetJets due to the high incidence of bypass F/Os. 98% of the pilots employed here right now is either a Captain or on bypass pay. When you go into negotiations, the goal is to take care of the membership that is voting for the contract. Since the F/O payscale is crappy at years 4 & 5, I expect we'll revist that issue in 4 years. It might be sooner than that if NetJets starts seeing a very high churn rate amongst F/Os.

My advice to anyone looking at NetJets is to make sure you can live on F/O salary because upgrades are going to be damn scarce for the next few years while all the bypass guys try to get on full Captain's pay. You might also want to make sure you can afford to live in one of the 5 domiciles. If the answer to either question is no, hold off coming here. If NetJets has a hard enough time recruiting people, they will come to the union seeking relief.

All in all, I'm pretty sure we'll still have a pretty good chunk of guys applying. Younger guys who's alternatives are the regionals and retired guys looking to supplement their income. Nothing new there - that's been NetJets target group for pilots for as long as I've been here.

Overrall, I must say, Good Job! This T/A beat my expectations. Almost makes me wish I didn't leave NJA!

Grizz said:
My advice to anyone looking at NetJets is to make sure you can live on F/O salary because upgrades are going to be dang scarce for the next few years while all the bypass guys try to get on full Captain's pay. You might also want to make sure you can afford to live in one of the 5 domiciles.

I missed the 5 domiciles, what are they?

Edit: disregard, just found them, LAX, TEB, CMH, PBI and DAL.

Last edited:
Redeye,

As long as you're actually an employee on property by the time the TA is ratified, you'll be grandfathered in. I imagine that will happen around the 22nd of Nov. At most a week later if things take a little longer.

beytzim said:
Overrall, I must say, Good Job! This T/A beat my expectations. Almost makes me wish I didn't leave NJA!

The 5 to 7 year guys made out best (but they do make up 70% of the voting group). Those of us in the 10 year realm, took it in the shorts, but we still got a 30 to 50,000 raise depending on the schdule we chose. Also, getting the incredible scope language and an excellent chance at aquiring many larger airframes (NJI) its an excellent step towards securing our futures and making this place finally somthing to not be ashamed of.

We wish you could have stayed to fight the fight and reap the rewards. You should know, you deserve thanks from all of us as you helped, like many, simply by creating the sucking sound left by those who went on to greener pastures. The paltry wages didn't allow NJA to fill the void those like yourself created when you left. The sell off cost started to go through the roof and no-one was showing up for classes except the extremely desperate.

My sincerest thanks and hope where ever you are it's at least as good or better.

Last edited:
beytzim said:

I'd also like to say thanks for coming out to Omaha with the boys. Hated to see ya go...

Is Netjets still keeping their gateways? (ie SEA, ect.) Will the company pay to get from a gateway to a domicile?

NoJoy said:
Is Netjets still keeping their gateways? (ie SEA, ect.) Will the company pay to get from a gateway to a domicile?

Gateway terminology is gone. Domiciles and Home Based Airports (HBA). For those employed with NJA prior to ratification (assuming this November 21) they will be able to use SEA and tens of others in the area due to meeting the criteria set forth in the HBA qualifications. We litterally just gained well over a hundred plus airports to call home. The 24 gateway airports aren't gone, just the terminology. No losses, just tremendous gaines in this area.

So airports like SEA are not gone, but if you get hired after the ratification, you would not be able to use these HBAs? If a new hire can use these HBAs then it is a good thing, but commuting will be tough without the use of an HBA.

Latest resources

Back