• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Overtime Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I stand corrected. Just curious, when you say, "Paid extra for earlystarts (before 0500 local). How is that defined? If, for instance, you had a 6am airline scheduled, when would you be considered on duty?
1 hour before airline flight is when duty begins, so 5 am.

You're welcome :D

It ain't all sweetness and light. Some good, some bad.

Overtime: good. Per diem: bad.

Union lawyer when you step on your johnson: good. NJA type scheduling system: bad.

Contractual protections and built-in pay raises: good. Possibility of losing Okatie and going back to CMH scheduling hell: bad

Getting free seniority by DOH protecting you from furloughs ahead of dues paying members who are now on the street: Good (more like highway robbery)

Possibility of losing Okatie and going back to CMH scheduling hell: bad

More than a possiblity...that is a certainty.

Getting free seniority by DOH protecting you from furloughs ahead of dues paying members who are now on the street: Good (more like highway robbery)

More than a possiblity...that is a certainty.

Free seniority? Free seniority? I thought the argument for the 11 years I've been here is that we all got hired by the same company and that's why we're a single carrier. If so, then I got hired by the same company in 1999 with the attendant seniority and longevity. If not, then fine. Let's go back to being separate companies so we can bring back the 27 who got furloughed when our company was already right sized and we now have to back-fill their spots with NJA people because we're short-staffed.

We may not have paid "dues" but we've paid. Limited OT, no lump-sum retro, no signing bonus, unnecessary furloughs. As a group we've gotten over the negatives of the integration and are ready to embrace the good. It's time for you to do the same.

Oh I've gotten over the integration...the simply fact is that there's nothing I can do about it. So whether or not I "get over it" is irrelevant. The simple fact is that you folks got to keep you jobs when our folks (who paid dues) did not. Like it or not, those are the facts. So at the end of the day, yes...the FREE seniority you speak of was paid for by those that earned it, and is now enjoyed by those who did not.

Then let's go back to separate companies.

One update item: It appears as if the company will have to offer us a daily choice of receipt reimbursement or per diem (with restrictions) to comply with IRS regulations regarding meals. After the start date in early March, if you order more than 2 crew meals during a duty day, your per diem will be taxed as normal wages. If you order 1 or 2 crew meals, you get your per diem and no taxes. Or you can just select receipt reimbursement with no tax liability. Personally, I'll take option 3.

Oh I've gotten over the integration...the simply fact is that there's nothing I can do about it. So whether or not I "get over it" is irrelevant. The simple fact is that you folks got to keep you jobs when our folks (who paid dues) did not. Like it or not, those are the facts. So at the end of the day, yes...the FREE seniority you speak of was paid for by those that earned it, and is now enjoyed by those who did not.

+1 :mad:

Latest resources

Back