overseas, is there anything left?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

-8 capts in Tanzaniz/Kenya make $8K-$20K per month. Normal is $10-$14K per month. LOTS of -8s in those areas and S. Sudan. Need a LOT of guys...combined with Kenya Airways is overstretched, so they are trying to hire all the turboprop guys they can from Wilson, plus will HAVE to hire foreignors SOON!

Asia/ME cargo was back to normal as of about Jan. Pax picking up. Cargo in East/West Africa big improvement. All over Africa big growth and airport expansions all over the place. Here in Lome 300K pax per year. Expanding to 1.5M per year. New terminal, Emirates coming in soon, ASky making it their hub city.

cliff
LFW

Hi!

-8 capts in Tanzaniz/Kenya make $8K-$20K per month. Normal is $10-$14K per month.
LOTS of -8s in those areas and S. Sudan. Need a LOT of guys...combined with Kenya Airways is overstretched, so they are trying to hire all the turboprop guys they can from Wilson, plus will HAVE to hire foreignors SOON!

Asia/ME cargo was back to normal as of about Jan. Pax picking up. Cargo in East/West Africa big improvement. All over Africa big growth and airport expansions all over the place. Here in Lome 300K pax per year. Expanding to 1.5M per year. New terminal, Emirates coming in soon, ASky making it their hub city.

cliff
LFW

Cliff - just curious who you say is paying 10-14k/month in East Africa to fly a DHC-8. I know many of the operators who fly the DHC-8 there, and if you're making HALF of that you're lucky. AND you only get paid when you are working (ie no pay off months).

Hi!

I know a guy who used to fly there. He said, as a Caravan capt, his LOWEST pay ever was over $70K per year.

It IS true that they fly a lot. He had a buddy that flew for 450? days in a row. In East Africa, the pay and schedules /days off don't change with seniority. Everybody is paid well for working the same amount, in most of the organizations.

cliff
LFW

Latest resources

Back