overseas, is there anything left?

threegreen

Mmmm, I look good.
Total Time
...for a low time (3000tt) pt 121 turboprop captain?

I know, I know get in line. Looking for a change of pace in the midst of stagnation. Sick of getting raked over the coals on reserve, with no end in sight.

X man

Total Time
overseas stuff

There is still movement in the ME, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, KSA, but you have to be willing to put up with a whole other kind of Bull &hit from the locals, un-organised, bend the rules kind a stuff, unless you get on with a really established operation that was set up by Good expats, who got their foot in the door and stayed. M ost of those are word of mouth.

Good Luck

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

There are a number of contract atr/q400/fokker/casa-212 prop jobs in Asia and africa on job boards and/or contract agencies.

Precision Air in Dar-es-salaam is looking for ATR guys.

cliff
NBO

thunderworm

the Hoff
Total Time
it might help if we knew what types you had and time on type.

NW_Pilot

Total Time
2500+
Lot's of stuff going on in the middle east...

wolfeman

Total Time
Im also a low time (3000+ tt 500+pic) ca w/ dhc8 type lookin for something interesting/more lucrative overseas. ana wasnt going to work but im looking for other options. Is fly dubai hiring fo's w/o 73 time? Open to anything

Thanks for any advice

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
Im also a low time (3000+ tt 500+pic) Is fly dubai hiring fo's w/o 73 time?

Thanks for any advice
Yes they are. A friend of mine just started class there as an f/o. He is a former MD11 Captain.
Very competitive out there even with time in type.

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

Things in East Africa seem to be slowly picking up. A couple of places are adding cargo aircraft in UAE.

cliff
NBO

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
Imf

IMF recently reported they are expecting growth of 4+% GDP in 2010 for Africa.
Ethiopian are increasing their MD11 fleet from one to three. They will be interviewing soon for the second aircraft. You have to have previous experience on the MD11.

spg2bmd

Total Time
6500+
Ethiopian I believe is looking for Q400 Captains....

spg2bmd

Total Time
6500+
I hear they carry lots of pax due to lower weights.

Ok, bad joke.

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

-8 capts in Tanzaniz/Kenya make $8K-$20K per month. Normal is $10-$14K per month. LOTS of -8s in those areas and S. Sudan. Need a LOT of guys...combined with Kenya Airways is overstretched, so they are trying to hire all the turboprop guys they can from Wilson, plus will HAVE to hire foreignors SOON!

Asia/ME cargo was back to normal as of about Jan. Pax picking up. Cargo in East/West Africa big improvement. All over Africa big growth and airport expansions all over the place. Here in Lome 300K pax per year. Expanding to 1.5M per year. New terminal, Emirates coming in soon, ASky making it their hub city.

cliff
LFW

Changeover

Total Time
Enough
Parc Aviation recruiting for Dash 8-Q400 captains in Japan. Non Type rated pilots may apply. Have a look

FCNelson

Total Time
Enough
Hi!

-8 capts in Tanzaniz/Kenya make $8K-$20K per month. Normal is $10-$14K per month.
LOTS of -8s in those areas and S. Sudan. Need a LOT of guys...combined with Kenya Airways is overstretched, so they are trying to hire all the turboprop guys they can from Wilson, plus will HAVE to hire foreignors SOON!

Asia/ME cargo was back to normal as of about Jan. Pax picking up. Cargo in East/West Africa big improvement. All over Africa big growth and airport expansions all over the place. Here in Lome 300K pax per year. Expanding to 1.5M per year. New terminal, Emirates coming in soon, ASky making it their hub city.

cliff
LFW
Cliff - just curious who you say is paying 10-14k/month in East Africa to fly a DHC-8. I know many of the operators who fly the DHC-8 there, and if you're making HALF of that you're lucky. AND you only get paid when you are working (ie no pay off months).

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

I know a guy who used to fly there. He said, as a Caravan capt, his LOWEST pay ever was over $70K per year.

It IS true that they fly a lot. He had a buddy that flew for 450? days in a row. In East Africa, the pay and schedules /days off don't change with seniority. Everybody is paid well for working the same amount, in most of the organizations.

cliff
LFW