Overpowered aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9GClub

Ok need some votes on the baddest commercial jetliner in terms of thrust-to-weight (empty/full whatever). I've flown on a couple seven-fives that easily hit 1+ Gs on rotation/climbout. The flip side of the coin would be the A343.... that was a little hairy for the first minute or so. A JATO rig would have been nice.

9GClub said:
Ok need some votes on the baddest commercial jetliner in terms of thrust-to-weight (empty/full whatever). I've flown on a couple seven-fives that easily hit 1+ Gs on rotation/climbout. The flip side of the coin would be the A343.... that was a little hairy for the first minute or so. A JATO rig would have been nice.
Note to 9GClub: There ain't no such thing as an over powered aircraft.

'Sled

Fokker 100s used to have the 2nd highest thrust to weight ratio after the 757. Not sure now with a lot of newer Airbuses (new A330 and A340s) and Boeings (767-400, 777) out though.

I think the CitationX would give most a run for their money with 1/4 tanks and just a pilot or two.

9GClub said:
I've flown on a couple seven-fives that easily hit 1+ Gs on rotation/climbout.
Uhhh, not to nitpick too much, but you are doing exactly 1G sitting at your desk!:D

LAXSaabdude.

752!!!

When I was a weee lad (7-10ish), I got schooled by a 757 FO @ DCA when I said that wow, that landing must have made 1 "G"eeez. He set me straight

LAXSaabdude said:
Uhhh, not to nitpick too much, but you are doing exactly 1G sitting at your desk!:D

Affirmative........ hence the + after the 1. =)

We didn't pull 2 Gs, let's put it that way.

Nitpick all you want, I do it too. We're pilots, we're entitled.

CRJ-700. Repositioning flight with 6000 pounds fuel. On takeoff, accidently select APR thrust on both engines.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: HOLD ON!!!

Latest resources

Back