Over half of PDT FO's hired in '07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why?

There have been 1500hr captains in every t-prop that has ever flown in the northeast including the Beech 99/1900, J31/41, Saab, and yes even the Dash.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that 1500 hours of experience is the same as 3000 hours of experience; just asking why some believe it is a "necessity" when others with lesser total time have had no problems flying similar equipment into the same airports in the same weather conditions for decades.

You are making my point, exactly. Only if you knew...

Last edited:

Well, okay...instead of being vague why don't you educate me and everybody else on exactly what your point is?

I think he is trying to state that it comes down to experience.

People have been doing fine for decades with 1500hr captains in those aircraft/airports/weather because the sh** rarely hits the fan, so you can get away with a 1500hr guy in the left seat of a dash8 because odds state that it will all be OK.

I guess you could call it a necessity because thats the first step in the right direction to minimizing the bad things that can happen..?...

wow.. how mature and totally inappropriate

those new uniforms are gayer than aids!

well, if this is the maturity level not to mention the completely innappropriate, biggoted, and socially unacceptable comments out of a PDT FO, then I am not sure the airline is in a good position to upgrade anyone of this personal caliber to aircraft commander. The days of comments like this are over, much like the same of black, female, religious and all other forms of socially unacceptable comments.. Something tells me you have much larger problems in life than not being upgraded fast enough..

Latest resources

Back