Over AGE 60 PILOTS TO FLY IN UNITED STATES

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotyip said:
Yea if all the 121 union pilots want this age 60 retirement thing, then put it in your contract and leave the rest of the world alone.

Senior airline types alot of times also end up thinking they are the only ones in the world. You see, its not just us junior airline folks who are living in their world, but everyone else as well.

I've never been a senior airline type, but i've seen the phenomenon my entire life.

Last edited:
vetrider said:
Senior airline types alot of times also end up thinking they are the only ones in the world. You see, its not just us junior airline folks who are living in their world, but everyone else as well.

I've never been a senior airline type, but i've seen the phenomenon my entire life.

And in contrast, the FNG with the silver spoon in his mouth, a type rating, 6 months of PIC turbine, complaining that he should be at the majors by now. I have seen them, too. It's not pretty.

Allowing foreign operators to operate within our borders is certainly a double standard. What if it turns out you really do need to work past 60? Imagine an American citizen flying for Emirates. How will you feel when he is allowed to fly past 60, and you can't?? The rest of the world is changing. Not just the world of "senior pilots".

Do you want to retire on your terms, or on someone else's? If you can pass the PC, the Oral, the Recurrent, the Line Check, and the Physical requirements, I say you remain competent to work.

So how do I read this now it is not about safety, but about how much money someone will make?

3BCat said:
And in contrast, the FNG with the silver spoon in his mouth, a type rating, 6 months of PIC turbine, complaining that he should be at the majors by now. I have seen them, too. It's not pretty.

Yep, your right, there is that too, no doubt about it.

pilotyip said:
So how do I read this now it is not about safety, but about how much money someone will make?

This has always been about money! Since there was never any tests or medical research done prior to 1959 until present date just proves this.

Pilots will never change and this message board also proves that. Young Pilots never want the age to change because it delays there upgrade and potiential pay raise. Current Captains that have been through allot of the prior Airline BS want there turn at the top.

The airline managements are to be commended for dividing and conquering us.

pilotyip said:

Wake up!! This was never a rule based on safety. The Age 60 legislation has been defended behind the guise of safety. Do your homework.

The USA is going to allow over age 60 pilots to work, just not those of us who work for American held companies. Will you be harping about safety when you have to give it up, and the foreigners don't? No. By then you'll see it's not a safety issue.

Somebody wise once told me...Fly because you like to, if you are in it for the respect, prestige, recognition or money you may be disappointed.

Jim Smyth said:
This has always been about money! Since there was never any tests or medical research done prior to 1959 until present date just proves this.

Really? Somebody call Dr. Helmreich and Dr. Foushee...both of whom have been researching and reporting on the issue since 1966. Maybe NASA should try to get their grant money back!

Start here and do some of your own research. It's interesting!

http://www.risk-e.com/conference2006/helmreich

Wakr Up!!! You'll never get this changed without the support of the junior guys. Come up with a compromise or live with the status quo.

Latest resources

Back