Outrageous new drug testing policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

The can check out my junk if they want. It'll just make the other men feel bad and the women depressed over what they have access to.

But hey, we all can't be winners. The world needs ditch diggers, too.

Nu

Who says ditch diggers aren't winners?

Think of all this like jay-walking. In NYC it's technically against the law, but we all do it and it's not enforced.

Unlike jaywalking...not everyone does drugs.

Last edited:
Who says ditch diggers aren't winners?

Unlike jaywalking...not everyone does drugs.

Okay, not everyone jaywalks either or does drugs. Self-evident I suppose. But that's not my point; who does or doesn't. The context was that MJ is illegal in AMS and is only tolerated; it is not legal as the poster claimed. A quick example I came up with was jaywalking. There are a lot of laws which are broken in the ghetto, but the police dept. are told not to enforce them (i.e., tolerate).

Am I reading this right that beginning today (Aug 25) the DOT has mandated that if they don't like the color or temperature of your urine they can require you to essentially strip naked while watching you urinate.

As long as she's hot; she can help too.

If you ever get into a situation where you were under the influence of a substance and are worried about a hair test, wait about a month, then shave every piece of hair off your body. It can take up to a month for the traces of narcotics to leave your system, so shaving right away won't do you much good. Your hair is just like a time line, they can even see what types of foods you have been eating.

From AIN mx alerts, today:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Court Orders Stay of DOT Direct Urine Observation[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Last Friday, the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (Washington, D.C.) issued a temporary stay of the Department of Transportation’s November 1 implementation of mandatory direct observation of all federally required return-to-work and follow-up urine collections, according to George Ellis, executive vice president of substance abuse services at Maple Grove, Minn.-based Verifications. “Until the Court of Appeals issues a final ruling,” he said, “FAA-[regulated] employers may choose to have those federal collections directly observed, but it is not mandatory. This legal ruling has no effect on testing conducted under the employer’s own authority [non-DOT testing].” The DOT justified the rule by asserting that “the violation rate on return-to-duty tests is almost four times as high” and on “follow-up tests over twice the random violation rate.” The agency added that it “stands by its view that return-to-duty and follow-up tests involve a heightened risk of cheating, compared to other testing occasions.
[/FONT]

Hair will find things from your college days (i.e., things from years ago). Urine provides a better window of substance usage due to the metabolic process. Of course maybe the technogology is there to determine via a piece of hair when you did what, kind of like the inner rings of a tree.

It will only detect substances from years ago only if you still have hair from years ago. In other words, your hair would have to be pretty long.....not likely for a professional pilot. After the substances have been purged from your system, any hair or nails that have grown since will be free of the substances.

Latest resources

Back