• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Outback Steakhouse?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Outback doesn't operate any blimps. It is an arial advertising company.

The guys in the Flight Department are a great bunch of guys, but some of the executives were definitely not "broken in right", and the pay was at the lower end of the spectrum, even for the SE region.

That was about 5 or 6 years ago. Hope things are better now.

The latest version of AVAITION BULL$HIT (ProPliot) has the scoop.
I did read 24/7 on call....but "shouldnt be a problem" getting a day off (GREAT!) if you NEED it..

but you do get an EAT FREE AT OUTBACK card!

I wonder if you can get those big cold beers they serve with that card??

...eh, nevermind, Ill have a Diet Coke, Im on call.

:rolleyes:

The thing that hit me about the article was the fact that they are PROUD of not having any dispatchers or schedulers on staff!

How idiotic is that? That's being more than cheap, it's stupid.

A dispatcher/scheduler can save a department more $$$ than the respective salaries taken home by those individuals, never mind the fact that one or more persons in Dispatch/Scheduling are always on top of what's happening. Corporate Aviation is not the airlines, everything changes, all the time! Someone needs to be the point person, and that can't be the person at FL 430 over DAL.

You can't expect a pilot to stay on top of the dozens of tasks that are assoiciated with every flight, many of which have nothing whatsoever to do with what the pilot is doing. Pilots should keep their minds in the cockpit, not whether someone remembered to set up a Hotel in Augusta during the middle of the Masters.

I can understand no scheduler or dispatcher on staff of a flight department with one aircraft, that doesn't fly alot or stays only domestic. But a flight department with the type of equipment and number of aircraft Outback operates not having a dedicated scheduling/dispatch staff is just ridiculous.

Take it from a person who started out being the first dispatcher in his respective flight department 26 years ago, who has gone on to bigger and better things, like now managing a multi aircraft flight department.

Originally posted by Gulfstream 200
I wonder if you can get those big cold beers they serve with that card??

You can take friends/family out to eat on the card (for free) but alcoholic drinks must be paid on a separate tab. No problem having a few beers on the road, as long as you pay for them yourself (at least 5 or 6 years ago, it wasn't).

I liked how the operation was referred to as "cost effective" - that translates into CHEAP. I'd love to fly the Falcon 50s, but that job sounds like too much duty time and too little pay for the effort (average 16 RONs per month) and all of the extra duties. I think the article mentioned that salary was "industry average" once you FACTOR IN all of the benefits. What does that mean? Does that mean that the benefits bring pay levels up to industry average (so they must be lower to begin with)? What's the estimate for Captain pay on the F50 at Outback - anyone care to estimate?

You'd have to eat a lot of BLOOMIN' ONIONS to make up for the pay package and duty time...

Outback...

No to mention the part in PP about the pilot interview process...It reads..."One element of the pilot interview process includes a lunch invitation where the pilot behavior and manners are carefully observed". It goes on to say, "We look at how a prospective pilot orders at a restaurant, and if they can't make up their mind on the menu, how are they going to make split-second decisions in the aircraft?"

Now that IS priceless, certainly should be the basis for future hiring standards industry wide!!:eek: :eek: :cool:

I'll have the alice chicken, no wait the victoria filet, no wait the aussie chicken, no the bloomin onion....

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** engine failure left, er right, er left, er right.... nope i'm pretty sure it's the left. well we are going to land, no takeoff... crap

When i read that in pro pilot I almost fell off my chair. How come you didn't get the job... I couldn't decide on medium or well done.

I used to work for a guy that had unlimited eating at caraba's and outback. They shared his parking lot so they paid him in vouchers. Basically i ate there all the time. After a while of doing that you could pick everything on the menu and hearing an outback commercial made you ill.

I think by the second or third trip to the OUTBACK within a month, I would ready to puke myself....

especially if the is a NO BEER clause..

what else do they have to offer?

Latest resources

Back