• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Our trusty line crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ditto what above post said...have never seen a lineguy mashall anyone in standing off to the side. Who cares what the AIM says, line guys want your nose in their crot...nevermind.

And I realize PIC is ultimately responsible, but give me a break, some of you lear/cit bravo/etc captains think you have the wingspan of a G5.

And I realize PIC is ultimately responsible, but give me a break, some of you lear/cit bravo/etc captains think you have the wingspan of a G5.

All you need is a tired pilot, a distracted lineman, and a crowded ramp. I'll worry about the GV when it shows up on our certificate, hopefully this year. :)

I spent awhile working line at a busy Class D airport in NY. The majority of line guys do a very good job...but some just don't get it. And pilots know those ones are out there. So if there is any question about the aircrafts position on the ramp, the pilot will decide where to stop, not the lineman.

And some of you line guys think its okay to let the wing pass over tugs, GPU's, and other obsticales. We've had to stop and radio the FBO and have them tell the marshaller to move the tug.

My boss won't listen to "I was just following directions".

No ones will.

And why is everyone so upset about towing an airplane? Ask any Mooney owner that has owned his airplane for more than a couple of years, and I guarantee they have replaced a nose gear truss and bushing ($1100) because the line guy exceeded the turning radius.

They should know to tow a mooney by hand, unless you're really good.

I think all pilots need to work the line for 6 months just to realize how the system works.

Well, the sysem is different at every FBO. Most of these systems don't make sense. And if a pilot specificly asks to be fueled that night, and for some reason he can't be, then he needs to be told this. Too many guys look at the departure time and think they can roll the truck up 10 minutes prior.

As for simple tasks being too difficult, how about the 90 percent of you guys who can't line the nose of the airplane up with the line guy waving you in...is that so hard? When I'm standing somewhere with the wands I want your nose there, not 6 feet to my left or right.

If I'm driving a 172 or other single engine prop I will pull in to the left or right of the line guy because if I loose my brakes that poor slob will be hamburger.

HEY KSU.

you know this, i fly into Flower SLN all the time.

Best line crews ive ever seen and you know what im talking about!!!!

Latest resources

Back